“Won't be a secret very long!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Secret Garden
Ranked #3 of 9 Ouray B&B and Inns
Indiana
“Won't be a secret very long!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

My wife and I chose this B&B based on other traveler reviews and we were likewise not disappointed (we stayed for seven nights). Sara is an excellent host and caters to your every need--especially at breakfast. The location is perfect a flew blocks off downtown Ouray within easy walking distance of local shopping and dining. While I have no basis for comparision with other Ouray lodging we believe we made a very good decision to stay here and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others. The property is very well maintained and beautiful and of course is located in the Little Switzerland of America with numerous outdoor activities (hiking, biking, jeep tours, mine tours, etc.). Makes a great base for exploration of nearby towns such as Ridgway and Telluride. We hope to return and believe you will find this a very nice B&B if staying in Ouray. Our best wishes to Sara!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Clinton Township, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

My sister and I stayed at Secret Garden while on a 'road trip' and it was fabulous. The room and bathroom were very spacious, beds comfortable, and the decor elegant, with a variety of soaps and lotions that were an extra touch. Sara offers gracious hospitality and cares about her guests. We wanted an early breakfast so we could get on the road and that was no problem. We treasure the conversation shared and Sara's caring spirit.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Sebastian, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

My husband and I had never stayed in a Bed and Breakfast before and what a treat! Sara, the owner, was so kind and helpful, and her place is beautiful, quaint, and welcoming. We instantly felt at home. And the breakfast the next morning.... oh my! It was made with love by Sara and it was absolutely delicious. Visiting the town of Ouray, Colorado is a must, and the next time we're there, we'll be staying at this B&B again.

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

My husband and I spent a few days here on our honeymoon, Ouray is an amazing place and the Secret Garden was the perfect place to stay. The pictures don't lie, it is beautiful! The breakfasts were amazing and Sara, the innkeeper was very accomodating. We highly reccomend it and would definately return!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

My friend & I had the loveliest of stays at this Bed & Breakfast. It was my first opportunity to stay at a Bed & Breakfast, and Mrs. Sharpe truly made it the best! She was quite kind, made us feel completely at home, treated us like a friend yet at the same time gave us the privacy we needed. It really was amazing. :) I'd love to go back. It is situated in a cute little mountain town and was a beautiful breath of fresh air - especially when we woke up the next morning all cozy in our bed to see the snow falling outside. I highly recommend you staying here; you won't regret it!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Golden, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

My fiance and I stayed at the secret garden to see if it was the place we wanted to host our reception for our wedding. When we arrived the first thing Sara did was give me a huge hug and from that second forward we were blown away by her hospitality! The house was so cozy and inviting. The rooms were all wonderful, each with its own sort of theme. I also couldn't have asked for a better view of the mountains from the house, especially while enjoying the hot tub that sits on her wrap-around deck. Sara herself was friendly, professional, a wonderful cook, and new her stuff when it came to wedding details. She's helped make the whole process a lot less stressful! It was also neat to find out how well she works with the other wedding vendors in the area. We are excited to get to know her better during the process of planning our wedding and can't wait until the day!
R&R

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
Olathe, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2011

The room and bathroom was very clean and very lovely and 'homey' feeling, the bed cozy and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious, host was very friendly and made me feel right at home. I love how much it feels like a home away from home. I would recommend the Secret Garden to anyone. :) For sure coming back!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends