“Very nice motel that allows pets”
Review of Matterhorn Motel

Matterhorn Motel
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
Austin, Texas
“Very nice motel that allows pets”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We came to Ouray with no reservations and the Matterhorn was the first availability we found after 4 tries. We were glad we stayed here. They allow dogs. The room appeared to be newly renovated. It was very nice and comfortable. The staff was super friendly. It's a block off Main St and a block to the Ouray Brewery brewpub, which we enjoyed multiple times. The room included breakfast at the Timberline Deli, which was very good. The only minor nit was that wifi was flaky from our room but that wasn't important to us. At $100 with pet deposit, this was a good value. We'll definitely stay at the Matterhorn again.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank mike81122

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Durango, CO
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. The business had just opened up from the remodel and so I believe my family and I were the first to stay and first to sleep on the new mattress! It was all so nice and new. The room was a little small around the bed but it's not like we were staying in the room 24/7 with all of beautiful Ouray around us. Besides all the outdoor activities, we ate at the Ouray brewery and the chocolate shop (which is just around the corner from the hotel). I would recommend staying here---the remodeled rooms were just the thing for a good night's sleep!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband booked this hotel and told us we were going on a road trip. I had done no research on this location. When we pulled up out front I was a bit worried because of the way the pool area looked. However, when we opened the door to our room I was completely shocked. The rooms have all been remodeled and are beautiful and exceptionally clean. The new management told us they hope to remove the small pool and turn the area out front to a nice deck area for patrons to relax. What a great idea! Complimentary breakfast at the deli was excellent each of the four mornings we stayed. FYI - if you plan to visit the hot springs, the front desk of the motel has discount passes. I found this out when we had returned from Jeeping one afternoon and the management saw us getting ready to head to the hot springs and they offered these discounted tickets. The new management was super friendly and very helpful. They are doing a great job on this property. BONUS - check out the chocolate shop just up the street from the motel - YUM!

1 Thank Wyocowgirl94
Nick D, Public Relations Manager at Matterhorn Motel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
We're glad you had a pleasant stay with us and thank you for your review! We hope to see you again soon and hopefully we'll have our outside deck all set up for your enjoyment next time!
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at the Matterhorn for 3 nights and was very surprised with the completely remodeled rooms. The new owners have done a great job with the motel. This is a family run operation and they work together to make your stay a good one. You are within walking distance to many shops on Main street. They provide a breakfast voucher to a nice place that makes good food. They have very good rates. I will definitely stay at the Matterhorn on my next visit to Ouray.

1 Thank rowzerrealtor
Happy to hear you had a great experience staying with us! We appreciate the glowing review and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I booked this hotel for a one night stay. Having our dog narrowed the selections. I booked due to the air conditioning and local though out side pics were questionable. After several days of hard driving and "rustic" cabin stays, I was not expecting much for this older motel. They showed me the room first ( so awesome - who does that ant more!) After seeing room I was so ready to pay! I was afraid I didn't understand the price. Ours was a two room unit. Which had a mini frig/freezer, coffee maker, and huge flat screen. I was SO amazed at the room for the price. New shinny hard wood floor and sandstone tile new bath. Granite like countertops. Super clean and all new. Also decorated cool. The beds were heavenly and lots new pillows, like marriot hotels. It also had new heat/cool wall units in each room. The new shower had two sets of organic shampoo/cond, lotion and bath wash. The towels were numerous, white thick and soft. A clean cut man offered to help with bags to upstairs unit! We really wished we would have booked more time but they were booked up the next day with a group. This place is an oasis in a area of outdated hotels/ cabins under 150! Later we read in write up local paper that new owners just finished all room remodels and are in process of replacing aN old small pool w a court yard and redoing outside. If there are less than reviews, I suggest you check the dates for ( before new owners and remodel ) also get free breakfast card for very good deli for breakfast with great homemade biscuits and gravy and bacon. Lastly they called to tell me I left my charger in the room after we checked out and offered to mail it! I didn't want them to go to the expense and it was not that expensive. I read in the local paper that the new owners have been in hotel business for years. Really showed. Def will stay here again. You get sssssso much for the $ new and clean.

1 Thank c_tD743IR
We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us! Also, we're very happy to have been able to surprise you with the work we have put into our rooms. Hopefully you'll be able to stay with us again and we can surprise you once again when we finish with our remodeling work completely! Hope to see you again in the future!
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I saw a sign outside the hotel that said "New Management" so I thought I'd walk in and check on a price. The young man working the counter recommended I see a room first. I was very impressed. The rooms have been remodeled and they look great. Very clean, too. My wife is very picky about hotel rooms but I wanted to save a little money. She agreed and was pleasantly surprised when she saw the room. I highly recommend staying here.

Stayed June 2014
We're happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and hope to see you again in the near future!
Canon City, Colorado
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I put in early today, and chose this motel over another based primarily on price. On check in I was shown every curtesy, and looked at several rooms. I learned that the owners - an extended family - were new, and were engaged in extensive remodelling and refurbishing of the motel, which is now virtually completed.

Yes, this is an older motel, with somewhat smaller rooms than newer structures, but the new interiors and fixtures are first class (includig new A/C units). I believe that pre-2014 reviews of this motel really no longer apply.
class (including brand new heating and A/C units).

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo