“Marvelous Place to Stay”

Ouray Victorian Inn
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I spend a lot of time in hotels for business. After a long and tiring drive, I checked in here. The reception was warm and friendly, the room was extremely comfortable and the wi-fi network that I needed for my business worked perfectly. I'd stay here again and recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable stay in a charming Victorian town.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank MITraveler49829
There are newer reviews for Ouray Victorian Inn

Reviewed 12 May 2012

The Victorian Inn was a really nice place to stay, the room(s) were clean and the bathroom shower actually had some water pressure. The Inn is found at the southern end of town. Hwy 550 almost goes over it. Its far enough from the down town businesses that you will want to drive, but it is also quiet because it is away from the downtown. The river runs directly behind the Inn and by opening the rear window we could listen (and sleep to) the sound of the rushing water. If you get the chance, say "Hi" to the owners dog Roscoe. (a very nice pooch) They serve a continental breakfast, my only beef was they don't serve until 7am and we were on the road long before then. Ouray is not far from Ridgeway, and not far from Ridgeway is the Dallas Divide. As a photographer I have traveled the world and I don't think I've ever found a more scenic location.
Ouray had plenty of places to eat and the Inn's owners recommendation was perfect for us. The Inn does not have any laundry service on sight, there is a laundry west on 7th st, just over the bridge. It was open until 9:30pm.
And much to our pleasure, the Inn had real keys for the rooms. The rates were very reasonable and when I return to the area this is were I will go and stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeff T
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Quiet, clean, comfortable, economical. Better than I expect at the price. Friendly couple owns/ operates. Beside a rushing creek, with pleasnt observation deck.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 29 April 2012

After being told by Cascade Falls Lodge that they wouldn't honor their advertised weekday rate on a Monday, I went to this hotel instead. Rate was great, service wonderful, and they provided a nice breakfast. One thing to note is that their windows didn't lock so they had to work on them (I always check to see if windows lock). They did say they are putting new windows in this summer so perhaps that won't be a problem but I noticed the cleaning staff opened the windows each room they cleaned. There are nice hot tubs, a green grassy area with playground equipment for the kids to play on and comfy outdoor seating.

Room Tip: There is a nice stream rushing by the back doors if you are lucky enough to get a room facing the ba...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank SusieLou
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This is my second year at the Ouray Victorian for an ice climbing trip. The Inn is clean, rooms good sized, breakfast good, hot tub nice, it's very close to the ice park, and the owner, Jan, is very pleasant and helpful. Rates are very reasonable for a place of this quality and I'm sure I'll be back next winter.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2012

My wife and I have been staying at the "Vic" every year for ice climbing in Ouray. They are continuously upgrading the facilities. We appreciated the more extensive breakfasts recently. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: We like to be on the first floor. Closer to the hot tubs.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2012

We always enjoy staying at "the Vic" when we are in Ouray and our visit in January was no exception. The room was lovely and cosy, the breakfasts were outstanding, and Jan and Brian went out of their way to make us feel at home. We will be back!
DW, Loveland CO