“Great Place, Great Host”

Ouray Victorian Inn
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
Reviewed 3 August 2010

We made a last minute decision to spend several days exploring the Ouray area and booked online. I made an error and Jan (owner), by phone, fixed it without a hassle or additional cost. Check in was easy, breakfast good, would stay here again...in a heart beat!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 July 2010

Great place to stay in Ouray. Clean, Comfortable, and the owner/operators were fantastic. Within walking distance to all of town, and easy access to the box canyon park trail. Try it you'll like it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2010

My stay was just what the doctor ordered. Very Comfortable, Clean, Great service, and able to sleep well, it was quite and with the fresh mountain air, I had sweet dreams. I'm planning another trip to Ouray July 2011 and I've already locked in 6 rooms. Looking forward to our next visit to Ouray and our stay at Ouray Victorian Inn. Thanks to everyone at the Victorian Inn, you made my trip well worth it.

Eric j Enger

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 23 July 2010

I was traveling solo and found this great place to stay. The owners are friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I ended up staying an extra night in Ouray and was glad I found the Victoria Inn.

Reviewed 16 July 2010

We traveled to Ouray for the 4th of July. We were treated very kindly in a beautiful location. The owners were very helpful. Their dog, Roscoe, was our little daughter's favorite!
Best,
Dennis & Heather

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Just spent 8 nights at the Victorian Inn and hated to leave. The owners (and their pets) are friendly, attentive, and make you feel like family. During my stay, there were families, photographers, 4WD enthusiasts, cyclists, and motorcyclists staying there. Oh, and a few dogs, as they are permitted in the pet-friendly rooms on the ground level. Every room has a mini-fridge and coffeemaker (a must for me), and the beds were very comfortable. So many smaller hotels think that "firmer is better" and the one thing that kills a good night's sleep for me is a hard bed. The Inn has no a/c, but then this is the Colorado Mountains and the temperature drops 20-30 degrees at night. Each room has 2 large windows in the front and one in the back; with the windows cracked open, it is quite comfortable for sleeping. Even during the daytime, when I was back downloading photos, the room was never hot and I had no need for the box fan (in fact, when the rain rolled in one day, I had to shut the windows as it got very cool!). The river runs behind the hotel and with the back window open, you hear the sound of the water rushing over the rocks all night which I found very refreshing. The free wireless internet was easy to access and the signal was good. The location is great, only about a block and a half off the main street, and very quiet. I didn't get to use the hot tubs as I forgot to bring my swimsuit, but other guests were enjoying them every evening. I hope to return to Ouray to photograph the surrounding areas in the fall when the aspens are golden, and if I do, I will definitely stay here again.

1  Thank smurrow
Reviewed 13 July 2010

What a marvelous surprise after a very long car ride to arrive at the Ouray Victorian Inn and be greeting in such a warm and inviting way by Jan, the owner. While it was my first time, I was made to feel like a member of the family or a long-time friend.