“Excellent chocolate, coffee and ice cream”

Mouses Chocolates and Coffee
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Ouray
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Established in 2001. We are a small family of chocolatiers and coffee roasters living in a small town nestled in the San Juan Mountains in the southwest corner of Colorado. We use only the finest Belgian chocolate and make everything by hand. Our shop is open everyday except Christmas. Stop by if you are in the neighborhood. We'd love to hear stories about how our chocolate has been a part of your lives. It brings us together in our love for chocolate, fine ingredients and sharing them with our family and friends.
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Delicious coffee, excellent chocolate and an espresso shake that we went back for again! Yummy! I even shipped some by mail for Mother's Day.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stopped by seeing the reviews. The banana bread was really nice. However, the coffee and cookies were so-so. Good but not up to the hype .
Over all a decent experience.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We were in Ouray for three days this past weekend and came back to this place every day! We got a variety of different chocolates, including the marzipan mice (so cute!), chocolate covered caramels, mint patties, and a few truffles, all of which were delicious! The chocolates come out to be about $2 a piece, but we thought they were definitely worth it. We also got some coffee on our way out of town which was delicious too! Can't wait to come back!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We visited this establishment twice while in Ouray. The first time there was a super friendly young guy who waited on us. We stopped in the afternoon and wanted coffee and chai tea to warm us up. He recommended the chai tea and said that it was homemade. I will say that it was one of the best chai teas I've ever had. I enjoyed it quite a bit. He was friendly. We had a chai, a regular coffee, an apple cider and once piece of chocolate. The one small piece of chocolate was over $4. In my opinion, that is highway robbery! However, I think it's pretty much in line with what other chocolate or candy types of stores charge for that kind of thing. Just know going in, if you want chocolate it will be about $4 a piece.

We visited again the next day, as the first server was really friendly and encouraged us to come back and "roll the dice" to try to win a free drink. In the morning a different guy was working. He wasn't even a quarter as friendly as the first guy. He actually seemed annoyed that we were "rolling the dice" and pretty much ignored us, didn't answer questions or was very brief with us. I'm not sure if he was just having a bad day or always like that. I can tell you if he had been there first, we probably would not have gone back a second time.

So...go for the chai tea, but don't expect phenomenal service - depending on who is working.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I had a mocha milkshake and my husband had the Caramel Chai latte,both we're very good. Picked up some treats to take home to the kids, drink prices are reasonable, the chocolate prices are a bit high ( $14 for 7 pieces) Overall a nice place.