“Truly the best hamburger”
Review of Maggie's Kitchen

Maggie's Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Ouray
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Maggie's Kitchen has a great hamburger, fixed just about any way you could want. The owner is still as grumpy as ever, but he serves up an excellent hamburger. If you are not looking for a friend, this is the place to eat. Fresh cut french fried and homemade onion rings (greasy, but good). You go inside and place your order at a window and wait until your name is called. Pick it up yourself and seat yourself. Pretty much a do it yourself place with a wonderful hamburger and fries. Seating inside or on the porch overlooking Main street (highway 550) in the middle of Ouray. We were in Ouray a week and ate here twice. Both times were good.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

If you want the best burger on the planet go to Maggie's Kitchen. Tom the owner is a character and makes the best food in Ouray. Try the 420 burger....a burger, onion rings and bacon. The fries are cut for. Scratch, and onion rings are home made. It just the best in Ouray. The staff are wonderful. There's just too much good stuff to write about Maggie's. Thanks to Tom and his cashier and staff for several great meals on our vacation.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The hamburgers are delicious and huge. Expensive, but the owner gave us a break on the cost of kids' drinks (drinks are all one price), which we thought was very nice. Low key environment with writing all over the walls and has a college town feel to it but we ate on the front porch and enjoyed a nice view of Ouray.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I eat pretty healthy but we decided to have a good old fashion greasy burger, since everyplace else had changed their quality due to new owners.

As far as a burger place goes, it was great despite the outward appearance. It has marking all over the walls from tourists visiting from all over the country and the world. It has a charm to it, its nice to read all the messages and see where everyone is from and when they came.

The owner was a doll, or I assume he is the owner. He noticed my husbands military hat and his cane. He asked about it and inquired if we were locals (were from not far away) my husband told him. He tried to comp our meal, we politely declined, so he tried to comp our drink, we declined, and then he offered to take my husband for a beer, again, we declined. The gentleman needs to make a living and we are aware of this, also, my husband and I are no better than anyone else. The offer was touching.

The food came quick even though it was mildly busy. It was great! I had the mushroom, onion and swiss burger and my husband had their standard burger. They were heaped with cheese and such. The meaning to a greasy burger!

If we ate that way on the regular we would stop again, but like I said we try to eat pretty healthy. This is a nice place to be a bit naughty with your diet!

My sister in law and her kids love the place when they come to visit

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Great food and an unique experience. The burgers are fresh and the portions gi-normous. The place to go for lunch or dinner! :)

Been to Maggie's Kitchen? Share your experiences!