“Great Hospitality”

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
Murphy, Texas
“Great Hospitality”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We were only able to stay one night at Timber Ridge Lodge but when we were leaving my wife and both said we plan to come and stay longer. Mike and Kima were so friendly when we checked in. We had been on a long ride on the motorcycle and were very tired when we arrived but we were met with a big smile and recommendations on where to eat. The room was a very nice size and very clean!! Look forward to returning to Timber Ridge Lodge soon. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ldj327

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Green Valley Ranch, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary with a trip to Ouray. Mike and Kima were wonderfully helpful and accomodating. They welcomed us with a bottle of champagne! Mike spent time telling us about all the restaurants and trails and parks. We happened to visit during a heat wave: they quickly moved us to a cooler room that caught more breezes. The bathrooms and showers are newly renovated and sparkling. Each room has a little fridge and a microwave and cable TV. But Mike and Kim themselves are the stars of the show: the friendliest and most helpful of all the hoteliers we've ever met. We'll be back -maybe when the aspens turn the mountains into gold.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the back
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Rebecca W
Jackson, Michigan
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Ouray was an absolutely beautiful place to vacation. The surrounding mountains make u feel as tho you are in a Gods' little taco shell. Mike and Kima made us feel right at home and very welcome. The lodge has been recently updated and very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Room 20 is on the top (second) floor and is a corner room...beautiful view...especially in the morni...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank SCOTT B
Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We enjoyed our four nights at Timber Ridge Lodge. The 2-bedroom apartment was very clean and had everything we needed to make it feel like home. Mike and Kima, the owners, were very helpful with recommending places to eat, shop, and visit. They have gas grills, picnic tables and a firepit for the guests to use. There is a great walking trail along a river just behind the lodge, and it's only a couple of blocks to the hot springs. We were so impressed with the lodge and our hosts, and will stay there again next time in Ouray.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Susan M
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 11 June 2012

At nearly the end of a 4500+ mile road trip we stayed two nights at the Timber Ridge Lodge. It was the most relaxing time of the trip (for me at least). Mike and Kima (owners) arranged a great off road trip from Ride-N ATV rentals. While traveling the back roads in the ATV my daughter yelled "best day ever!". The room was wonderful. My wife and I really appreciated the heavy curtains which allowed us to sleep in. The room was very clean and after staying in so many hotels it's nice to find one that clean. Both of my kids enjoyed the lobby. It was stocked with lots of books, a couple of shelves devoted to games, and had both a coffee & water machine. It was almost like home.

Mike and Kima were very helpful in making suggestions for places to eat and things to do. They were also a wealth of information about the surrounding area. Who knew that the original True Grit was filmed in the neighborhood? They also suggested the trail along the river for a good family hike. The lodge is very close to the river and the trail was really a relaxing stroll along the river. One of the pictures was taken on the river hike. We hope to return again soon!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Russell K
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Wonderful place to stay. Rooms newly remodeled, spacious and clean. The in-room coffee was a plus, too! As was the microwave and mini fridge. Mike and family (owners) were warm and welcoming, when my friend and I arrived (we had seperate rooms). Mike showed each of us our room and wanted to make sure we were happy. Late on the first evening, around 9 or so I realized I had forgotten my phone charger, I went to the office to see if they had one, no luck, however, a few minutes after returning to my room, Mike knocked on my door, he had located a charger and let me use it for the rest of my stay, two nights total. I will be staying here on my next trip to Ouray, which I hope to be in the next month or so. Lodge is located by the river walk which provided a nice walk into town each morning for breakfast, and a nice after dinner stroll.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank MileHiCruiser
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I stayed five nights with Mike and the folks at Timber Ridge Lodge and can't say enough good things about it. Friendly, clean, extremely reasonable, quiet, great location and you can't beat four king pillows on the bed! Mike's a great host, always finding the best places to eat, camp, hike, et al. Truly my Ouray basecamp!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo