“A Great Experience”

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
Lakewood, Ohio
“A Great Experience”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We just spent 5 day at Timber Ridge Lodge. This was and excellent experience. The rates were reasonable, and our room was very clean, updated and offered all the usual amenities. Plus, the firepit, grills, picnic area and outdoor seating allowed us to enjoy the outdoors rather than just return to a room at the end of the day. The owners are on the property, often work at the desk and were available to address any of our needs. they are knowledgable of the area and offered input on places to hike, eat and visit. We not only felt valued as customers but as fellow appreciators of this beautiful niche of the Rockies. A great place to stay!

Room Tip: second floor offers the best views.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Michele B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We just spent a great weekend at the Timber Ridge Lodge. They don't charge you an exorbitant
fee for bring along your pet and even have a blanket available. The room was clean with a microwave and frig to keep drinks cold. The bed was comfortable and included an outdoor BBQ pit for doing your own steaks. Nice table for two outside on the deck which made it great place to eat. Walking distance to the hot springs pool.
A great river walk for the dog that includes exercise stops for the human. Would I stay again?...absolutely would if it stays pet friendly!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank danobano2013
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I was on a road trip and booked a room at the Timber Ridge Lodge through a hotel reservation site. I booked it because it had the best price in Ouray and was thrilled when I arrived to find out how wonderful of a place my random selection had led me to. The lodge is near the river and I had a room on the back side of the building and was able to hear the river...it was a peaceful welcome! My room had recently been remodeled and had a lovely travertine tile bathroom. The plush fleece blanket that they had in the room made for a snuggly sleep! Even though the Lodge is not located right in the center of town, it is only a few minutes north and was a short walk to the hot springs...a HUGE bonus! The proprietors were wonderful and I know they would have done anything to accommodate me should I have needed something. I will definitely stay here again should I ever be back in Ouray...which I hope I am!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank BroncosGirl3366
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Loved everything about this place except for the nearness to the highway. Every morning about 7:00 you could hear alot of motorcycles, jeeps, etc, coming to the gas station next door. Maybe if we were on the west side of the building it would have been quieter.

Room Tip: Ask for west side.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank joeboe57
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Our family has spent many wonderful vacations in Ouray, but our reunion on the 4th of July weekend was by far the best! My room at Timber Ridge Lodge was a highlight in every way.
My room was gorgeous & spotlessly clean. The amenities never stopped! I will always book there when I go to Ouray.

Room Tip: I like the upstairs rooms on the back side!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Sharon L
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This was the perfect destination for our Colorado vacation. Not only is Ouray the most stunning spot in the state, The Timber Ridge lodge is the perfect motel. It is very, very clean and the amenties are wonderful. Easy parking, great views, and best of all wonderful, knowlegable owners who made my trip very special. The staff helped me plan activities during my stay, and they had wonderful insights concerning everything from trails to hike, to outfitters for climbing, to jeep rides that will take your breat away. I WILL BE BACK...many time, I am sure.

Room Tip: Call the motel...that's the best tip I can give!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank dOugc13_13
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We stayed at Timber Lodge in Ouray over 4th of July weekend. The customer service was second to none, from the phone discussions before we arrived, to our stay, to them calling us about and mailing the pair of shoes we left. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The chocolate they left in the room was delicious. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends