A peaceful place to stay in a charming little Colorado town. Linda has opened up her "home" to visitors and, after reading some of the negative reviews, I would like to share mine. I think she has every right to ask people to abide by certain rules in her "house." That's what helps to keep it "well-behaved" (just like young children). She was always a gracious hostess and her employees were very helpful as well. As to the noisy walkways, this is an old establishment that doesn't have all the modern amenities some people prefer. It is a place that seems peaceful when you walk in the front door ... therefore, one assumes that the guests will try to be respectful of the quiet you can enjoy there - tread softly ! Some of the rooms aren't the most private, but just be prepared for that and enjoy the other wonderful experiences the Wiesbaden has to offer. If Ouray goes the way of the Aspens, Vails, and Tellurides, places like the Wiesbaden may cease to exist. I grew up in Colorado and saw it happen first hand. Additionally, the small outdoor pool and vapor caves are immaculate (Linda even pressure washes the cave herself most mornings). Just enjoy this little gem just the way it is ... and remember, no smoking !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nested in a quiet residential neighborhood, right in the center of downtown Ouray, the Wiesbaden Hot Springs Spa & Lodgings offers a wide variety of accommodations and features three different all natural continually flowing mineral hot springs on its premises: the famous Vaporcave, the outdoor swimming pool and the Lorelei, a privately enclosed outdoor spa. All our waters are continually flowing pure mineral springs, not altered with any chemicals or additives. All springs are open year around Guests of the Wiesbaden can enjoy unlimited use of the Vaporcave and the outdoor swimming pool at no extra charge. All rooms feature private bath, satellite TV, free WiFi, free local phone calls, spa robes and towels. There is a garden and a shared lounge. The property offers free parking. Wiesbaden features full range of massage and spa services. Guests of the lodge enjoy discounted rates on the spa services. Wiesbaden is a strictly non-smoking facility and we cannot accommodate anybody who uses tobacco products. Pet friendly accommodations are available. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Wiesbaden Hot Springs Spa & Lodgings Hotel Ouray
- Wiesbaden Hot Springs Spa And Lodgings
- Wiesbaden Hot Springs Ouray