This is a very unique experience. First, you call to make a reservation and will be asked if you have smoked in the past three months, no problem for us, just an unusual inquiry. Then you must send a check when you make a reservation. No credit cards, No problem, just unusual. We arrived, knowing that the facility was old, and dated but looked forward to the different experience. You will be greeted by a very friendly person who will hand you a key, worn and faded towels and a paper thin bath robe that you will be told you need to bring back to the desk when you check out, like you might be inclined to abscond with them, again unusual! The room was SUPER CLEAN but has old beds, old bedding, old carpet, old windows, old furniture, old TV's, mismatched coffee cups, etc. And unfortunately, for the really expensive price, no shampoo, conditioner, lotion, not even a muffin for breakfast and very cheap coffee both in the rooms and the lobby. We went to the pool and vapor cave. Both are incredibly clean which is probably why you will be reminded several times during your stay, that you need to have your hair pulled up tight and on top of your head ( again, unusual especially because they allow the helps little dog to pee next to the pool). We enjoyed the unique stay and would have been prepared to stay again, however, we had an easily resolvable request that the owner/proprieter was completely unwilling to help with, consider options for, or even discuss. So despite the friendly staff and the super clean, unique experience, we will spend our money elsewhere while in Ouray.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nested in a quiet residential neighborhood, right in the center of downtown Ouray, the Wiesbaden Hot Springs Spa & Lodgings offers a wide variety of accommodations and features three different all natural continually flowing mineral hot springs on its premises: the famous Vaporcave, the outdoor swimming pool and the Lorelei, a privately enclosed outdoor spa. All our waters are continually flowing pure mineral springs, not altered with any chemicals or additives. All springs are open year around Guests of the Wiesbaden can enjoy unlimited use of the Vaporcave and the outdoor swimming pool at no extra charge. All rooms feature private bath, satellite TV, free WiFi, free local phone calls, spa robes and towels. There is a garden and a shared lounge. The property offers free parking. Wiesbaden features full range of massage and spa services. Guests of the lodge enjoy discounted rates on the spa services. Wiesbaden is a strictly non-smoking facility and we cannot accommodate anybody who uses tobacco products. Pet friendly accommodations are available. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Wiesbaden Hot Springs Spa And Lodgings
- Wiesbaden Hot Springs Spa & Lodgings Hotel Ouray
- Wiesbaden Hot Springs Ouray