We just stayed 2 days over labor day weekend at the Wiesbaden. We had to stay in the double bed room as all others were booked before we called for reservations. By the time lodging taxes were added on, our room was over $140.00 per night. The room was very, very tiny. No closet, just a metal rack on the wall to hang clothes, towels from the pool, etc. There is no central air so we kept our window open at all times but it was VERY stuffy in our room. The sink was in the bedroom with a mirror over it. The bathroom was small with a shower stall and toilet. The carpet was the worst I have ever seen in a place that touts itself as a spa. I would not even stay in a $50.00 a night room if it had carpet like that. Totally worn out. The bed was very hard. Also, they do have 13 inch TV's in each room. Ours was on a small stand in a corner at the foot of the bed. We found some books to put under the TV so it would be high enough to see over our own feet as we lay in bed (the only place to get since there is no room any where else for one's body). Our suitcase sat on the small straight backed chair right in front of the door to the bathroom.
The pool was wonderful. The vapor caves must be great, but we did not partake as we didn't want to get that hot.
Be warned that they do let people in who just want to pay for the pool so you will get people with children as long as they are over 5 yrs. of age.
This whole place is very tired and worn looking and the lobby gives the appearance of just being too crowded and small. Dark wood in the lobby areas which some people like; I just don't. But if you want quiet, it is that for sure. It is what I would call adequate (except for the carpet) but it is way overpriced for what it has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nested in a quiet residential neighborhood, right in the center of downtown Ouray, the Wiesbaden Hot Springs Spa & Lodgings offers a wide variety of accommodations and features three different all natural continually flowing mineral hot springs on its premises: the famous Vaporcave, the outdoor swimming pool and the Lorelei, a privately enclosed outdoor spa. All our waters are continually flowing pure mineral springs, not altered with any chemicals or additives. All springs are open year around Guests of the Wiesbaden can enjoy unlimited use of the Vaporcave and the outdoor swimming pool at no extra charge. All rooms feature private bath, satellite TV, free WiFi, free local phone calls, spa robes and towels. There is a garden and a shared lounge. The property offers free parking. Wiesbaden features full range of massage and spa services. Guests of the lodge enjoy discounted rates on the spa services. Wiesbaden is a strictly non-smoking facility and we cannot accommodate anybody who uses tobacco products. Pet friendly accommodations are available. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Wiesbaden Hot Springs Spa & Lodgings Hotel Ouray
- Wiesbaden Hot Springs Spa And Lodgings
- Wiesbaden Hot Springs Ouray