“Restful”

Ouray Chalet Inn
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
“Restful”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely, charming hotel that is close to everything and within walking distance of everything Downtown. We had a restful evening in a comfortable room and kingsized bed. The staff here helpful with local sites, a short trip to Box Canyon.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I've stayed and reviewed the Ouray Chalet a couple years ago and since I started there this past weekend I felt I needed to update my review. The hotel is conveniently located on the main street in Ouray. Walking distance to anything in town. I found the room clean and comfortable. The bed was much better than the one in my previous review. The air conditioner is still in the bathroom wall and blows on your back as your stand at the sink. The price was acceptable during a peak vacation weekend. I have changed my opinion and I would recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Bill H
Florida Keys, Florida
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Situated in Downtown Ouray this hotel was everything we were looking for. We had an entire group and all stayed at this quaint little place. It is walking distance to major shopping and dining and the best part is at night, if you get the right room, the deer come to your window (in the back) Loved our stay, loved the service(early coffee) Loved the price

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandra C
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in an "economy" room, which means there is no view. But you can just go outside and sit in the common areas, so I don't see this as a big deal. The room had one of those vinyl/fake wood floors instead of carpeting, and I think that was great! Felt very clean. Hotel carpeting is often pretty gross, I wish more places would use alternatives. Everything is very tidy, there is a small fridge and microwave in the room, and you can walk to anything in town. So I think it's a great bargain. Will do it again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bldrcoffeeluvr
Gunnison, Colorado
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The customer service is outstanding: they agreed to mail the eyeglasses I left behind with absolutely no fuss. They were also very polite the few times I called beforehand to secure reservation and when we checked in. Our absolute favorite part of the room was the little box on the wall playing classic swing jazz very quietly - it was quirky and set a mood - and you could turn it off easily by turning the knob. The bedspread was also a cut above. There was a fridge & working cable - I didn't try the wireless. A nice hot tub at the end of the row of rooms with an outdoor seating area. The location is superb - as previous reviews have said, in walking distance to everything in Ouray. It's also the most reasonably priced hotel. The pictures on the website are somewhat deceiving - it's not a mountain lodge with Swiss flair --- the little tower is all that's really European - otherwise, it's your basic American motor inn. I really like motor inns so wasn't upset by this.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank OnlyHighways
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The management was incredibly friendly and helpful with everything we needed. We took their advice on hikes to do, things to see, places to eat, etc.... and none of it disappointed. The room was very clean and came with a lovely view of the mountains behind us. Within walking distance to nearly everything in Ouray. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a modest weekend in one of the cutest mountain towns in Colorado.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Melissa H
Vernal, Utah
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Motorcycle trip through Colorado. Stayed here while passing through Ouray. This place was wonderfully clean and pleasant. Great location on the main road; walking distance to anything i needed. Great welcoming staff. Cannot go wrong staying here!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends