“Best margaritas in town!”

Buen Tiempo Restaurant & Cantina
Ranked #10 of 37 Restaurants in Ouray
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The food was very good. Don't know if I can say "best ever" not that there was anything wrong, just that I am a "foodie" and find LOTS of good food. It was great though!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I was a little bummed out when my son said that he wanted Mexican food for dinner while in Ouray. Man, was I wrong! We had an excellent dinner here and the service was superb as well. The kids finished off dinner with the fried ice cream which they loved. I definitely recommend this restaurant while in Ouray.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Once you get over the awesome scenery, turn your attention to the food.The chicken tacos are authentic achiote spiced, fish tacos had delicious cabbage and jicama slaw, and the green chile chowder had chunks of tender pork and it really hit the spot in this beautiful mountain location. Typical Mexican fare that is both authentic and homey. I will definitely return next time we're in the area.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Cavallos serves up Louisiana style food and does an adequate job. We had dinner here — I'd just put it in the o.k. category. It was Saturday night in June and the place was not busy at all — half empty, not sure if that reflects the food or what, as the town was quite busy.

Service was not great. Our waitress seemed a little spacey. We sat for a LONG time waiting after we were seated, and finally she appeared with apologies, saying no one told her she had a table. O.K. — but it was a bit of a struggle from there, as she just didn't seem quite cut out for waitressing — she even brought us coffee in a pot (a decaf, orange pot), assured us it wasn't decaf but said she just needed a pot because she couldn't carry coffee cups without spilling the coffee. She tried hard, but we thought it was a bit deserving of blond jokes . . . except she had tinted blue hair, ha ha!

So given the service and the so-so food, I wouldn't make a return visit. Next time in Ouray we'll try a different restaurant for dinner. Thumbs neither up or down — but horizontal on this one.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We ate here twice. Good Mexican food with a good atmosphere. The patio is great. This place has a good vibe and good food.