“Microwave Breakfast”

Add it.
The Mine Shack of Ouray
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

We came here at the recommendation of the front desk of the hotel we stayed at the night before. We expected great food and instead we got food that was warmed in the microwave as we sat and waited. Breakfast burrito was ok, the biscuits and gravy were made with packet gravy. Glad we didn't spend much.

Andrea O, Owner at The Mine Shack of Ouray, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Hi Pierce, Our small deli provides a limited breakfast, but we do take great pride in serving our best product to each customer. Nothing at all should have been microwaved except to warm the tortilla for the breakfast burrito. If anything was microwaved other than that, I sincerely apologize and I have spoken to our staff to verify they each know the preparation procedures. Our scrambled eggs are made fresh each morning and as needed throughout breakfast. Our specialty is a wonderful bagel and scrambled egg sandwich. I am sorry your experience with us was not as you expected, but I am glad to hear you enjoyed our reasonable prices. If you would like to contact me further regarding your experience, I would love to speak with you personally. Our number is 970-325 4299

Reviewed 3 July 2013

We wanted a late lunch and decided to try the Ouray Mine Shack. A few years ago I remember this place was a dead art gallery, but now they've turned it into a deli, coffee shop, and gift shop. The bathroom is the only place you might've guessed the building's recent history had ever held clever art pieces... I'll get to that in a moment.

A smattering of seating outside, along with a few in the coffee shop portion. The lady behind the counter was very friendly, though not overly talkative, as she assembled our half-subs (4"). The choices are not as wide and varied as Subway's offerings, but if we had wanted Subway, it would've been an easy drive up the road to Ridgway. Either way, I was pleased that my Mine Shack's sandwich contained REAL spring greens and not your typical iceberg lettuce. There is a sign saying they could make you a customized sack lunch if you had an early tour - just place your order with them by 5PM the day before.

I don't recall that they have fountain drinks, so we picked out a Powerade from the fridge. Overall, with chips, Mine Shack cost about the same as a 6" sub at Subway even though their sandwiches are shorter, but I liked the personal, small-town feel of this place. And even though our sandwich lady was very nice, her colleagues in the coffee shop and gift shop moped about listlessly in a bored manner.

The bathrooms are between the deli and the coffee shop - I remember a tall ceiling, and the centerpiece was the colorful, artsy glass sink bowl sitting on top of the counter with a bright yellow abstract accent amidst the room of stainless steel. It was worth checking out!