“What a treasure in a beautiful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cavallo's Restaurant - CLOSED

Cavallo's Restaurant
Price range: US$3 - US$23
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Cavallo's Restaurant is located below street level, down a beautiful spiral staircase, in one of the most unique and beautiful settings in the region. Spacious and welcoming, this space takes you into New Orleans from the first note of music to hit your ears and the first bite of food to touch your tongue. Dine with us for a quick bite or four courses. As is the case throughout the Big Easy, one rule applies. . . Be Nice or Leave. The rest is easy . . . Hours: 7am - 2 pm breakfast, brunch, lunch 530 pm - close (about 9 pm) dinner Thursday thru Monday CLOSED TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY
california
“What a treasure in a beautiful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Outstanding New Orleans style food in a super friendly environment. All of our meals could not have been better. We highly recommend this lovely restaurAnt. Worth driving out of your way to enjoy! It was a Jewell in a Jewell of a town.

Quincy, Illinois
“Could have been better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had dinner here quite late in the evening, but there were still diners coming in, and the staff was still attentive. My husband chose the jambalaya because it's a dish that I make and he always likes to compare restaurant-made jambalaya to mine. I chose bourbon shrimp because it sounded wonderful; when the waitress commented that it was their most popular choice and the spiciest, I mentioned that I didn't like a lot of spice, and she said the chef could "tone it down."

The bourbon shrimp was extremely spicy--I ate the shrimp off the top and the grits off the bottom, trying to avoid the sauce and the veggies. My husband said the jambalaya wasn't very good. The bread was wonderful, and the drink choices were good. The entrees, though, were just too spicy and not too tasteful.

Boulder, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A hidden Gem in the San Juan Mountains”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Cavallo's is relatively new to Ouray, Colorado since it wasn't open last July when we were in town. The breakfast offerings are great with my wife's favorite the Gospel cakes. My favorites are the benedicts and smoked meats/salmon entrees. I hear dinners are great as well. We got to know the owners Sid and Kelly and they will accommodate special dietary needs upon request. I sampled the Cavallo's offerings at the 4th of July festivities in the park, and the pulled pork with homemade BBQ sauce was very yummy. We came back for more later in the evening but they were sold out! Cavallo's is another reason to keep coming back to Ouray for our summer outings!!

1 Thank L S
Ridgway, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not a good experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Well to start it took an hour for our food to get to our table.When it did arrive the chicken was served uncooked and the bourbon shrimp consisted of five very small shrimp smothered mostly in onions.I have lived in Louisiana many years ago and this food was not up to par.The cooking was very bad and seemed like the kitchen was terribly organized with their timing.Your better off going to the Bon Ton.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“New Place - Will Visit Again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

It's been four years since we've been to Ouray, so this was a new dining experience for us. The food and service were wonderful! I had the shrimp po boy and it was muah!!!!

Visited July 2014