“A Must in Ouray best food/service”
Review of Bon Ton Restaurant

Bon Ton Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Ouray
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Bon Ton is a local favorite! We offer a variety of entrees including pasta dishes, steaks, and seafood. All of our food is fresh and cooked to order. Please visit our website for up to date and correct menu.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We ate at the Bon Ton the last night in Ouray. It was by far the best experience and food I had ever tasted. I had a pasta dish with fresh pasta in a cream sauce. The shrimp was to die for, it was basted and grilled in a magical sauce. My partner had pork Marcella sauce the meat was so tender it melted in your mouth. The salads were fresh with a homemade dressing. The chef was amazing in presentation a quality of the food. The service was exceptional. Our waiter, Mike was very polite, knowledgeable and professional. He was patient and kind in answering all our questions. The bus boy Ezekiel (I think) was fantastic! He was so attentive to all our needs, my water glass never went past 3/4 of a glass. He too was very polite and professional. I suggest he be promoted to Waiter. Amazing dinner in all sense of the word!

1  Thank Cat G

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We got to stay in Ouray for over a week and half. We all visited the Bon ton about 4 times. It is the best place in Ouray to eat. We were glade to see familiar faces ( Chris and Julie). The Hose salad and soup are to die for. I had the beef Wellington cooked perfect. We will be back. See you in sept. Try the lamb chops you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Beachman1234
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Our previous experience at Bon Ton was not a good one. That was nearly four years ago, so we decided to give this spot another shot - we're glad we did. We were only up for appetizers and drinks, so we sat at the bar. Chris, the owner, happened to be tending bar and waited on us. He greeted us promptly and provided great service.

We ordered the salmon and the mushroom appetizers - both were wonderful! Chris also started us off with some fresh bread.

My only disappointment came the following night when we tried to get in for (a full) dinner before the Fourth of July fireworks. We were told it would be about a 45 minute wait. Our fault for not making reservations, so no blame on the Bon Ton. We'll know to make a reservation next time we're in Ouray.

1  Thank danish10
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We visited the Bon Ton with our extended family (group of 11) for dinner. We made reservations and our table was promptly ready upon arrival. Our waitress was sweet, efficient and knowledgeable about the menu. She was incredibly patient with a fussy baby in our group and took great care of us throughout the meal.

The food was delicious and fresh, as usual. I had the lasagna and it was excellent. The creamy Parmesan salad dressing was also a big hit at our table. Save room for dessert because they have scrumptious desserts too! Best place to dine in Ouray!

1  Thank Ashley B
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Just had dinner at the Bon Ton after a day of rafting. Fabulous meal, impeccable service in the "cellar" of the historic St. Elmo Hotel. We had heard how good it was for the last three days and finally gave in and are we glad we did. My wife had the lasagna which was perfectly prepared with slightly crunchy top layer of past and melted cheese that was delightful. Very nice size portion. Way more than she could eat. She is a finicky salad eater and they executed her requests perfectly. I had one of the best meals I have ever had: the mixed grill. Absolutely perfect filet prepared medium and actually prepared properly, Garlic potatoes resting on a bordelaise sauce expertly prepared and if that wasn't enough three large grilled shrimp marinated in a honey ginger sauce and the grilled perfectly. We really wanted desert as the couple next to us could not stop raving about the tiramisu, but alas we could eat no more. Perfect meal.

1  Thank ThePond