“Very nice”

Price range: US$14 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Bon Ton is a local favorite! We offer a variety of entrees including pasta dishes, steaks, and seafood. All of our food is fresh and cooked to order. Please visit our website for up to date and correct menu.
Reviewed 3 September 2014

Filet mignon was excellent. My wife did not care for the duck, which the waitress promptly exchanged for chicken ficotta. She enjoyed the chicken.

1  Thank Carl Y

Reviewed 2 September 2014

SUMMARY: - food comes out cold - condescending wait staff - dishes do not match the menu - overpriced - no response from management

Cannot begin to describe how off-putting and childishly rude our server was. (I believe Robert - tall dark haired guy in his 30's). My dinner date asked a question about the menu and said she did not feel like eating. The server the sighs, shakes his head at us, turns to me, and used his most condescending tone to ask "Are YOU going to order anything then?"

Had that been the end of it I wouldn't write a review. I held my tongue to see how he'd act for the rest of the meal.

However, he made it his mission to be as immature as he could, providing the most discourteous service possible. He made it a point to bring out my dishes and plop them on the table, not ask how they were, not ask if I needed anything, then he'd walk to the table right next to mine, give them their food, and put on his best show asking "How is that tasting?" "Is there anything I can get you?" I had to ask for a fork so that I could eat my pasta, and he purposely came and went, serving other customers until my dish had gotten cold, and then brought me a fork so I could actually eat.

The food itself was drastically overpriced for the quality. I ordered the Fet­tuc­cini Verde Alfredo. The pasta was overcooked to the point that the noodles stuck together. Unlike what the menu said, the mushroom were normal white mushrooms, not cremini, and there was NO GARLIC in the sauce. Top that off with the food being dead cold as I waited for a fork, I had enough and left the food. My server couldn't care less that I barely touched the pasta and charged me for the entire meal instead of asking if something was wrong.

I left my two cents as a tip, literally and figuratively, as a message to the management that this server was a complete jerk.

1  Thank Aaron G
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Delicious italian food. My husband had the salmon which they cook to medium rare and does not have a "fishy" taste. The sauce was incredible. I had the scrimp scampi with plump shrimp and savory sauce. If I ever drive by Ouray again, I would definitely stop to eat here.

1  Thank JD E
Reviewed 31 August 2014

This is probably one of the best Italian restaurants I've ever eaten at . . . and I love Italian food. What really impressed me were the specials for the evening were made from fresh ingredients found in the immediate area of Ouray. A visit to Ouray should most definitely include at least one dinner at the Bon Ton Restaurant.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Coming to Ouray from New Orleans, where people live to eat, we were impressed with the food at Bon Ton. Three of the people in our party had the specials of the night and they were wonderful. I had the pork tenderloin Parmesan. It was amazing. Everything from the appetizers to the finish was the best food that we had on our trip through New Mexico and now Colorado. The restaurant was charming and romantic. If anyone is going to Ouray be sure to visit this restaurant.

Been to Bon Ton Restaurant? Share your experiences!