“Wonderful beds, spacious room with river just behind the hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hot Springs Inn

Hot Springs Inn
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
Maryland
“Wonderful beds, spacious room with river just behind the hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

We enjoyed our one night stay here in Ouray. The staff is very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The room was spacious, with two huge, extremely comfortable beds. There is even a fake fireplace for ambiance. Even better, we slept with the window open so that we could sleep listening to the roar of the river just behind the hotel. The hotel is just up the street from the downtown area. It takes a mere minute or two to drive past the hot springs to downtown Ouray. After a tasty complementary breakfast, we spent the day hiking to waterfalls and visiting a ghost town just a few miles from town. Be sure to drive the scenic highway between Ouray and Silverton!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
LA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

The location, in principle, is just about perfect--right on the Uncompahgre River. We were able to walk into town for dinner, which was nice, but of course we could have just stayed in town anyway. I tried sleeping with the window open to hear the river, but the noise from local barking dogs and partiers across the river made it impossible. But that was nothing compared to the noise produced by the guests. Every step by every person on the second story echoed through our room--BOOM BOOM BOOM--and then the 20-somethings next door came home at 2:30 and of course headed straight for the patio and carried on. To be fair to them, they quieted down upon request, but by then the damage was done. Perhaps the worst night's sleep I ever had at a motel, and we paid $140 for the privilege.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Bullitt_LA
Broomfield, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2010

I have gone to Ouray for the last 10 years of my life and have been to every hotel in the city, none of which where any good compared to this one. This is a great place nice service, clean rooms, PILLOW TOP BEDS!!!!, plenty of room for the 4 people in my family, but the only thing that isnt the best is it isnt on main st. of Ouray its about a 5 min walk away, which isnt that bad at all!

Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2010

My 11 year old grandson and I were on a 2 week trip through South Dakota, Wyomig and Colorado. I had been to Ouray in the past, but only for a couple of nights. I wanted him to experience the jeep rides. My friend told me about the Hot Springs Inn. Her family stays there every year! We had stayed in nice hotels/motels throughout our trip, but this was undoubtedly the nicest, most relaxing place I have ever stay at. It was very clean and I'm somewhat OCD! The running water of the Uncompahgre River behind the Inn offered a relaxing balm after an exciting day of jeep rides! My grandson loved to climb around on the rocks around the river. We took the back street to town one evening which lended time for creative stories and exploration. The Inn is also close to the Hot Springs pool. The 3 hot tubs are very well maintained. The king size beds are SO comfortable and the room was huge! With windows overlooking the balcony, which overlooked the river - how nice! We had a safe so there was no worry when we were gone all day on the jeep. By the way, don't miss the Black Bear Pass Jeep tour to Telluride! It's white knuckles, hair-raising fun! And don't miss the Hot Springs Inn!!!

1 Thank travelinggrandma46
The Woodlands, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

My wife and I (and kids - 10 and 6) stayed three nights at Hot Springs Inn in July 2010, in one room with two king beds. Friendly service and great location - right on the river - the sound of the running river waters and the cool breeze coming off the river was very relaxing and nice. Very quiet, particularly for a motel (with the parking area only a few feet from the rooms), and, as a prior reviewer noted, the three hot tubs were well maintained. On the negative side, I thought $150 a night was a bit steep for a roadside motel with small rooms and even smaller bathrooms (though we did find a coupon for 10% off a 3-night stay, at the local visitor center). The smallness of the rooms and the bathroom area (shower only - no tub) had the four of us pretty cramped when it came time for evening showers and getting ready in the morning. The size of the rooms and bathrooms would be no issue for just a couple (I would recommend getting two rooms, if there are more than three in your party). The breakfast was standard fare, but solid and just fine to start the day. The wireless internet in the room worked well (I had to handle some work projects remotely). All in all, a satisfying stay. I would recommend Hot Springs Inn to friends and would stay there again (I will be back to Ouray - there is plenty we did not get to do on this trip!!!).

1 Thank WoodlandsDaddy
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

Arrived on a bicycle tour with 9 friends. Owner was waiting with fresh rags for cleaning our bikes and provided a hose. Very friendly and accommodating. Rooms are big, it's on the river, they have well cared for hot tubs and an adequate breakfast. Would recommend and return.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Northern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2010

We loved this Inn. Ouray was stunning, the service was friendly and the rooms were super comfortable. Having two king sized beds felt luxurious and the kids were thrilled. There was a refrigerator and the river ran right outside of our room.

Unfortunately the Hot Springs Inn does not actually have hot springs. We were disappointed that the hot tubs were on the cool side and close early and not at all in the morning before check out. Although it wasn't enforced from what I could see, they had a 5 foot tall requirement to be able to get into the tubs (?!?). Sorry but as a 5'2" adult I took that a bit personal.

No matter, the town hot springs are close by and the park was really nice for afternoon picnics and getting some energy out for the kids.
The continental breakfast was ok, but the town restaurants were better. The mexican restaurant in town has great fish tacos.