“Great rooms, view & location - don't miss this one!”
Review of Hot Springs Inn

Hot Springs Inn
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
Reviewed 19 October 2010

We stayed here for one night while travelling through Colorado, and this was one of the nicest places we stayed on our entire trip. The rooms are huge with 2 king-size pillow top beds along with a little sitting area and even a fireplace. The western-themed room decor was just adorable. The beds are soooo soft and comfy. The river is right behind the hotel, and you can walk out on your room's balcony to see it - wonderful sound to lull you to sleep. Beautiful views of the river and mountains. The staff was so nice and friendly and very helpful in offering tips on places to shop and eat. My experience with locally owned hotels hasn't been that great in the past, but Hot Springs Inn is definitely a gem!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 October 2010

The rooms are long and arranged in a linear fashion and include a holographic (or something like it) fireplace and two easy chairs. The deck was nearly right over the Uncompaghre River and the view to the mountains on the other side was very nice. No desk in the room, but the king beds are fabulously comfortable. The lobby breakfast is adequate, but the available seating is extremely tight. WiFi worked very well, and the staff with whom we interacted were wonderful.

1  Thank UTManAmI
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I usually qualify my reviews by stating that anyone checking my review profile could think that I am easily satisfied as most of my reviews are very positive. Such is not the case but arise because I invariably only book hotels after reading the TA reviews and choosing the better ones.
This is one not to miss. Everything about it has already been said, the enormous and very comfortable beds, the situation on the creek side, out of town so no noise, the very pleasant staff, the appetizing breakfast. The only negative, this is a personal thing, is having the wash basin in the living / bed room but that is very minor.
I would love to return to the Ouray area – so much to see and so little time. If I do I now where I will be staying.

2  Thank James B
Reviewed 5 October 2010

This is a nice place to stay when visiting the Ouray area. The rooms are nice and the location is good because it is away from the busy downtown area. I liked listening to the sound of the creek outside our room. The breakfast was fine. The staff was very helpful. Pam, Bobby, Linda and Caroline all were friendly and and provided usefully advice- especially usefully to my photographic efforts. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2010

Our upper level room was very clean and listening to the river was quite soothing. The strong eucalyptus aroma of their cleaning products aggravated my allergies, but the staff brought in a room ionizer which eliminated the smell completely. The western decor is quirky but not annoying. The beds were very nice. The air conditioner is rather loud but fortunately not needed very often in Ouray. The inn is not located in town but right on the edge of town. Most people would not walk to town. The continental breakfast consisted of an assortment of prepackaged donuts, muffins and bagels, juice, cereal and coffee primarily. We passed on it.

Reviewed 3 October 2010

I work for an upscale major hotel chain. When I can't stay at the hotel I work at, I get a little leary of staying at other hotels. I was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Everything was fabulous. The room was spacious with lots of storage space for all our hiking gear and luggage. The pillows and beds were the best we've ever slept in. We enjoyed the sounds of the river at night, the western decor and attention to detail, the fireplace, and balcony along the river. What was not to like!

Reviewed 26 September 2010

This place was great. The staff was amazing giving us the locals tip on the sites and downtown. The room.. can't say enough about it. Falling asleep listening to the river is amazing. The beds are so incredible we had to get the specific info from the hotel, which they had brochures, to purchase through serta. Great staff, hotel, room, and view.