“This place is absolutely lovely!!”
Review of China Clipper Inn

China Clipper Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Ouray B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights. I would just like to say that Hans and Ingrid are very nice people, we felt so comfortable here. The breakfast was delicious! They had a nice variety of good food to choose from. We will definitely be back this summer!! :-)

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank melcat76

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I was in town for a day on business. Got in late and everything was ready for me. Free WiFi (important for business). GREAT breakfast. Hans was great to talk with. Much better choice than the usual business hotel/motel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gsnider
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Over thirty years, my husband and I have stayed in a lot of B & Bs. We much prefer them over mundane hotel/motels. The China Clipper really stands out as one of the best places we've stayed. Breakfasts are fantastic, the inn is nicely furnished and spotless, and Hans & Ingrid are awesome inn keepers. They are the perfect combination of friendly but unobtrusive. There's lots of places to stay in the beautiful mountain town of Ouray but you won't find a nicer one than this.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie A
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The China Clipper Inn is an amazing B&B. The location in the heart of Ouray could not be more ideal. Although the Inn appears to be a historic Victorian building from the turn of the century, it is actually a modern structure and as such it is uber comfortable. We found are room to be nice and quiet even though we stayed during a busy New Year’s holiday. The hot tub offers a great alternative to the hot springs options in the area; it’s especially nice for couples. During our stay the breakfasts were excellent and plentiful. Hans and Ingrid are tremendous hosts and generously offer assistance in any way they can to be helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeremiah M
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I am usually indifferent about my lodging experiences but this place was amazing and really enhanced my experience in Ouray. The environment is beautiful, clean, and very cosy. The breakfast was delicious and I looked forward to it every morning. The innkeepers very friendly and helpful. The location was perfect, we were able to walk to the ice festival and to dinner on main street. It is defiantly worth the cost and I would not stay anywhere else on my next trip. I plan on returning again with my husband.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joanna Z
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My aunt lives in this amazing town and I've always stayed with her. This is my first time having to pay for accommodation and it was so well worth it! The innkeepers are so gracious and they are fabulous hosts. Our room was perfect - nicely decorated and very well-appointed. Comfy bed, great bathroom and a bay window overlooking the mountains. I'm not usually a B&B fan - don't like the overly social atmosphere but I was totally comfortable at this place and will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kerry A
Reviewed 5 January 2014

How should I put this ~ the China Clipper is a superior inn ~ exceptionally clean, well kept, awesome rooms, excellent breakfast. We felt at home immediately. The breakfast was awesome with a variety of foods from Eggs and Bacon as well as some great Strawberry Muffins.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NEARBOLT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ouray
Hotel Ouray
#11 of 15 in Ouray
Secret Garden
Secret Garden
#3 of 8 in Ouray

Been to China Clipper Inn? Share your experiences!