“Great Bed and Breakfast”
Review of China Clipper Inn

China Clipper Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Ouray B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed at this beautiful B&B for several days. The owner Hans and Ingrid were such nice people! After a couple of days, I felt like we were family! Very helpful in telling us about places that we could visit and also good places to eat! The Breakfast we had each morning was delicious! Hans makes the best muffins! When we signed in. There was a tray with some of his muffins. Hans told us that we should try one. After we got settled and went back downstairs they were all gone! The next day I was wiser. I took two extra muffins and brought them to our room! I was not going to miss out again! Ha! The room we were in was a good size and very clean. I have no complaints! I would go back again! Hans and Ingrid are such a nice couple and they work so hard to have this wonderful establishment! If you are looking for a wonderful place to stay while in Ouray, this is the place to go to!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

It was clean, comfortable, everything needed. Would stay here longer if I could. Would return again. Near shops, helpful owner. I can't think of much more to say to fill up the 200 characters required.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We would definately stay here again if we were to visit to Ouray. Hans and Ingrid are very nice, helpful and make a great breakfst every morning. The room we stayed in had the most comfortable bed and was very quiet.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The China Clipper is an excellent B&B - and we've stayed in a lot of them. Rather than revisit what other reviewers have said I'll try to add some things that worked specifically for my wife and I during our 4 night stay over the 4th of July.First of all, everyone should experience the 4th in Ouray from the interactive parade to the fireworks it is a great day. Secondly, there are some wonderful shopping opportunities in this small town. Back to the Inn - everything you have read about Ingrid and Hans is true plus listening to Hans talk about life in the Netherlands - especially food - is fascinating. Hearing him talk about their 15 year plan is very interesting. While there I accidentally tore the edge of one of our balcony chairs while getting up. Ingrid's reaction when told about it... there kind of old, stay outside all year and eventually wear out, end of story, done. The perfect response. The muffins are better than you can imagine - creative combinations such as chocolate, cherry with real pieces of cherries; apple, cinnamon, walnut with chunks of apple and walnut. The muffins left from breakfast are put in a cake display on the check-in desk and are a wonderful afternoon snack with a cup of tea. They provide towels specifically to take off property to the springs - now, that's thoughtful. Parking and walking to town are convenient. Hans and Ingrid's knowledge provides an in-house concierge service - especially if you're a "Jeeper" or trail biker. The home is beautifully decorated and quieter than most B&B's we've visited. We would highly recommend the "Witch of the Waves" for its corner location, views of the mountains and balcony. You can see both the morning sun and evening sun on the mountains from this room.

Room Tip: Witch of the waves !!!!
Reviewed 24 June 2014

What a great place to stay in Ouray! A very charming inn with wonderful hosts. Very comfortable and clean -- and a great location, walk everywhere from here. Lovely backyard with private hot tub. And awesome breakfast! Highly recommend.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were very happy with our stay. Everything was clean and comfortable and did I mention breakfast! Hans is an awesome cook and the breakfasts were amazing. My husband and I went for a weekend getaway (without kids finally) and it was the perfect place to stay. We will definitely be back. The only caveat I have...our room was on the lower floor with a private entrance and the bedroom is directly under the entrance stairs and porch. It's quite loud and I awoke every time someone would come in late at night or early in the morning, other than that everything was perfect!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Just back from another delightful stay at the China Clipper. Can't imagine staying anywhere else while in Ouray. Hans and Ingrid are the perfect hosts. Always make you feel as though you were family. Breakfasts were wonderful. The rooms are spotlessly clean, comfortable and spacious. The garden area around the hot tub is so tranquil. When you need to get away from everything, and really let your mind relax, you can't beat Ouray, the most scenic spot in all of Colorado. And the China Clipper adds even more relaxation to that effect.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ouray
Hotel Ouray
#11 of 15 in Ouray
Secret Garden
Secret Garden
#3 of 8 in Ouray

Been to China Clipper Inn? Share your experiences!