“Seems a little higher priced at first, BUT IT IS WELL WORTH IT!”
Review of Black Bear Manor

Black Bear Manor
Ranked #2 of 8 Ouray B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 June 2011

At first I thought the Black Bear Manor was a little higher priced then others in Ouray, but I took the chance. And Boy! Am I Happy we did! This little gem in the mountains is amazing. You get complimentary beer & wine for two hours,(which by the way we loved chatting with Erica the Manager on the deck each evening, while enjoying Ouray's beauty), local truffle chocolates at check in and THE BEST breakfast in Ouray! I can't wait until our visit. We love the Black Bear Manor and can't wait to tell everyone we know.

1  Thank Shelly85044

Reviewed 14 June 2011

I would definately recommend this B&B. From the moment I arrived I felt welcome, the house has a great feel to it and the room was tastefully decorated and very clean. The only issue I had was the bed creeked very loudly and if you are a light sleeper you could be easily disturbed.
The breakfast was home cooked and excellent and there was plenty to go around so after eating it I was full until dinner. The open fridge with water and soft drinks was an added bonus and the evening socials where wine and beer is served is a great way to meet fellow guests and receive helpful advice on where to dine. Our host Carol was a delight.
I would highly recommend this and look forward to returning.

1  Thank verngws
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We stayed at the Black Bear Manor on an overnight on the way to Durango. The location and accomodations were great. "Happy hour (wine and beer)" was much appreciated-got to meet some other folks staying here. Erica was great with her hostessing; was helpful with info for things to do in the area. Would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank cruiserdoc
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Our stay at Black Bear Manor was very nice. We were greeted at the door and arrived just in time for a glass of wine during BBM's daily happy hour where you are encouraged and invited to sit with the other guests and the host and chat. The rooms and common areas are extremely clean, and guests have access to a fridge stocked with waters and sodas and any leftover baked goods from breakfast. Carol, the host, provided plenty of recommendations for dinner, hot springs and hiking.

Like everyone has said, breakfast was great -- even the coffee!

My one caution is that this place, like many older homes, does not have super excellent insulation, and if you are a light sleeper, don't reserve one of the standard rooms! They are downstairs and you can hear every noise made by the folks upstairs.

Room Tip: Reserve upstairs rooms!
1  Thank MadisonsTravels07
Reviewed 31 December 2010

Friendly staff. Great breakfast. Good location. Clean rooms. Quiet

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 9 December 2010

Ouray, CO is by far the most magical place I have ever been to! Its challenging to discribe why...but lets just say that your soul soars when your there! I have stayed at 5 star resorts before so I know what outstanding service is....
The love and care that goes into just about everything at the blackbear is mind blowing. From the welcome, to the amentities, the rooms are gorgeous and comfy! The breakfast is like no other! I sometimes want to jump on plane from Miami JUST to go for those recipes!!
The staff love what they do and love serving others....everything is from the heart.

YOU MUST EXPERIENCE THIS BED & BREAKFAST AT LEAST ONCE!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2010

The Black Bear manor is a warm and inviting bed and breakfast. The breakfast was a culinary delight. I highly recommend the peach french toast casserole! I will definitely go back to Black Bear Manor.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business