“You feel like you've come home.”
Review of Black Bear Manor

Black Bear Manor
Ranked #2 of 8 Ouray B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 April 2009

The manor was beautiful. Room outstanding and the service, food, and staff were exceptional. If you are headed to Ouray, this is a must for a nice weekend.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank pcdgfb

Reviewed 17 March 2009

This was my 4th trip to the Black Bear and I'm already anticipating my next visit! Carol, Ken and Terrie are great hosts/chefs. They always make me feel at home, have great suggestions for things to do and are very accomodating. Breakfast is fantastic! The views from the Observatory, decks and front swing are amazing and perfect for relaxing. Although the B&B is great, it's the hosts that keep me coming back. They are not just hosts, but more like family - the kind that you want to keep visiting. I will be back again soon!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sweenius
Reviewed 12 March 2009

Talk about having one of the most amazing weekend experiences of my life! From the moment I arrived at the Black Bear Manor I knew I was in for an extremely special treat. I thought the views and ambiance of the nearby vistas were fantastic...then we drove up to the BBM. We stepped out of the car, and I could smell that fireplace woodsy smell and I felt like curling up right there on the beautiful wrap around porch. Carol was there in the living room when we arrived ready to help and guide us on our journey. The BBM is beautifully maintained and has a homey yet sophisticated vibe. Carol's breakfasts are absolutely delicious and she is so kind and generous. She even let me borrow a bathing suit for the hot tub!

I would highly recommend anyone to stay here!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank blueye244
Reviewed 10 March 2009

We thought the food and hospitality at the best B and B's in Ireland was fantastic but even that experience does not compare with the Black Bear Manor! And what a beautiful location! It was absolulely a perfect 10 in every area and we can not wait to tell all our friends and go back ourselves. Life is about making memories and the Black Bear Manor is the place for pleasant memories and restoration of the soul. Excellent staff!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2009

We loved the personal attention we received the moment we arrived. We were greeted by Carol and Ken, the managers.of Black Bear Manor. The town is in the heart of Ouray surrounded by beautiful mountains in a very peaceful setting. The suite rooms were all decorated differently and beautifully appointed. In the morning we woke up by the amazing smell of their very own Organic blend of NuJava Coffee and an unbelievable made to order breakfast. We felt like we were the only guest in the Manor. We can't wait to come back next year!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2009

Black Bear Manor is a little bit of heaven on earth. The awesome beauty of the location, combined with the quaint, comfortable lodging and delicious home cooking are a complete package for a "Must Stay" destination.
Whether you like outdoor activities, shopping in the village or enjoy relaxing with a good book and a glass of wine you will find pleasant memories at Black Bear Manor.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2009

Black Bear Manor is quaint, clean, modern yet comfy and the staff and food is excellent.
I have been several times and would highly recommend! Great for family or business recognition trip!
It is a wonderful retreat! any time of year.. Hiking, observatory, just get away from it all!
A little piece of paradise in the mountains!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business