“Heaven!”

Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Luxury! The bed is soft and scrumptious. The room was immaculant! I can't wait till we come back.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs

Reviewed 6 June 2011

The inn keeper really has this one nailed. The pricing is very reasonable for the quality of services you get. Some cool features too - like a mineral hot springs spa and a geothermal heated swimming pool. Nice full breakfast - not the simple continental breakfast you get a other hotels. Probably the nicest little extras were the great bath towels and a good comfortable bed. The TV was good too, an up-to-date flat screen with good cable/satellite service.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2011

We got a 2 bedroom suite at the best western for 3 nights this past week and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is very easy to find...check in was easy and the staff was friendly...our rooms were ready and very nice...comfy beds, plenty of towels, ceiling fans and a unit by the window to control the room temperature, plenty of space, refrigerator...
The view is beautiful from the hotel, although I'm sure the view is amazing anywhere! This hotel has it's own hot springs as well as pool which was nice. Breakfast was really a favorite for us...most places offer a complimentary continental breakfast, but this place had waffles and a build your own omelet bar (be sure to take some money to tip the cook making the omelets! He is always super friendly)
The only thing I could say bad about the hotel was that we found a few bugs in the bathroom, but I think that's possible anywhere you stay. The rooms were very clean and quiet! Anyway, we enjoyed our stay and would stay there again!

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2011

My wife and I stayed here last night in spite of the several negative reviews here at TripAdvisor. I was prepared to deal with rude reception service in what my wife refers to as Old Sarge's command voice and attitude but was pleasantly surprised to find it wasn't necessary. Check in was courteous and proficient. Our room was recently remodeled, well-appointed and quite comfortable. I later spoke with the very cordial owner in the pool area and asked him about the negative reviews. He smiled ruefully, shook his head and said, "We just completed major renovations three days ago that had been going on for several months. As you can imagine, pleasing and accommodating every guest without complaints during a major remodeling is a challenge. We tried our best, but some arriving guests finding their accommodations may have been changed by necessity weren't too pleased."

Fair is fair so I'm writing my first ever TripAdvisor review to let you know that this is a delightful place to stay and the surrounding mountains are absolutely breathtaking, easily one of the most scenic settings of any hotel where I've stayed in my seventy years.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank AbnSarge
Reviewed 30 May 2011

First of all, the location is fantastic, you are between two mountains, it's a fairy location.
The Reception Hall is a separate building as it is the breakfast room.
Staff is exceptional! They provided help when we had problems with the washing machines (at the end it was just a power cut) and when the key did not open the room (it happened every day).
You also have the hot springs pool facility in the Hotel, but I recommend to go to the big pool in the center of the town.
Also very nice is the infrared lamp in the bathroom which helps raising the temperature when you shower and heals any reumathic problem you might have.
Cons:
- the walls between the rooms are too tiny, you can hear ever a quiet conversation of an oldc couple next door. Not very nice for the privacy and when you intend to sleep while a big group of chinese on the other rooms has different plans...

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2011

I have stayed at a few places in Ouray and decided to give the Best western a try, to my surprise it was a different experience from what i read online, I was greeted very well by the gentleman at the front desk. I needed however a ground floor, which wasn't available, without even asking he offered to take my bags up to my rooms, wow. Hot springs were great, my wife and I enjoyed the hot springs and the hotel thoroughly, their remodeled room and beds were very comfortable. With all absolution, my wife and I will be back to this accommodation.

Reviewed 17 May 2011

We just returned from Ouray and I have to say the Best Western is one of the worst experiences at a hotel we've had!! The guy behind the desk knew absolutely NOTHING!! They were remodeling so there was no sleeping in. The "mineral springs" hot tubs were NASTY!!! Hadn't been cleaned in who knows how long and that's the reason we stayed there! We were the only people there and they wouldn't let us have a late check out because it would stress the maids... Are you kidding me!! We then left and stayed at The Rivers Edge... WAY better service and a beautifully clean mineral springs hot tub right next to the river for HALF the price!! Best Western... You should be ashamed to have your name on that nightmare!!

Room Tip: The Rivers Edge was waaaay better!!
2  Thank Smiths2012
Management response:Responded 23 June 2012

Dear Guests (Smiths)
I apologize for the inconvenience our hotel may have had on your stay in Ouray back in May of 2011. We never want to hear of a negative experience but it does help us to learn and grow as a company. I can not speak for how knowledgeable one member of my staff may be; but we try to educate as much and as quickly as possible. Also, It is necessary for our business to renovate and update to keep up with current times and policies of Best Western. We do try to schedule any maintenance on the property in our off seasons to avoid as much negative impact as possible. Regarding the Mineral Hot Springs; we do clean the tubs often but because of the high mineral count, Algae growth is Inevitable.
"Algae can live in extreme environments ranging from ice and snow to mineral hot springs."-Google
Natural algae in the water promotes oxygenation and aids in the breakdown of certain minerals. Also, our tubs have been painted a more appropriate color to help ease the view of natural algae build up. To keep the water as fresh as possible we use an In-Out water system which does not allow stagnant water to sit. It's like the saying, "you cant step in the same river twice." Approximately every 12 hours its a new mineral springs hot tub. The check out policy is printed in the guest directory, the key card brochure and key card envelope. The amount of rooms we had the previous night determines how many housekeepers we employe to restore the rooms. If there were only a few guests then most likely we had 1 or 2 housekeepers for the "lighter" load. But they are required to finish cleaning and be clear of the hotel by a designated time. A (or more than one) late check out would cause their duties for the day to be delayed and affect their ability to complete the necessary tasks for our incoming guests. A schedule must be maintained to keep a reasonable order. Our sister property "The Rivers Edge" is a very nice motel and we recommend it to any one who is unable to stay at our primary property. The hot tub however is only filled with tap water. Only three Hotel properties in Ouray have permits to Natural Hot Springs and ours is the only 24 hr facility. We are not (and will never be) ashamed of our hotel because we stand behind it and our employees 100%. The property has flourished and our staff is being trained daily to meet the needs of our customers' standards. We continue to grow and would love to have you again to give you the opportunity of a happier vacation.
From all of us at the Best Western Plus Twin Peaks,
Thank you for your review and your business.