“I'm picky...and I LOVED this place!”

Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Location - super easy to find and close to downtown.

Checkin - easy and quick. Has popcorn, tea, maps etc in office.

Rooms - CLEAN!!!!!! Cute room with great beds! Our room had 2 double beds. Free internet. Old TV so could use an updated one. We were in room 127 and our view from our front door was amazing. We parked right in front of our room. Sat in room with room open to see the view and enjoy the cool air. Has frig in room.

Ordered room service - pizza. A bit pricey but we are remote so not surprised.

I'm VERY picky and this was such a pleasant surprise. Highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed 6 August 2012

I stayed overnight recently on a trip from Estes Park to Mesa Verde.
I actually did not stay at the property because I goofed the reservation and had my arrival 1 day later.
The desk staff was very supporting though sold out. They were able to arrange accommodations at another location for my family.
They went out of their way when they didn’t have to. Kudos!

Room Tip: i would pick upstairs over downstairs unless you have a lot of luggage.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed here once again (always do each time we go to Ouray to jeep--what a thrill), and loved our room (with no-one above us!) Now there is a terrific breakfast served with smiles and care by Guido and Donna. We have never before had a breakfast like this at an American hotel of any kind! And such a great couple served us.

Room Tip: Ask for a single Queen with no rooms above you!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2012

After reading all the five star reviews, I was expecting a hotel that had a bit more luxury. The pluses of this motel were: Fantastic breakfast by Guido and Donna (almost any item you could want and they were very accommodating), the view from the hotel was scenic, nice grassy area for the kids to play, a pool the kids enjoyed, and there were some nice attempts to update the room without spending significant amounts of money (bedding was very nice, newer shower curtain, etc). Overall the rooms were not as updated as we had hoped for and the window on our first floor unit was screwed shut so we could not enjoy fresh mountain air in our room without leaving the door open. The kids enjoyed the natural hot spring pool and spa. Although it was a new experience to sit in a natural hot spring, I missed the jets of a normal spa. If you are traveling to Ouray, this is a solid and clean place to stay with a wonderful breakfast but I would not rate it as a five star property.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We wanted to stay in the Ouray area and were pleased to be able to find a Best Western. We were pleasantly surprised when we got to our room -much more modern and nicer amenities than we had expected!
Chefs Guido and Donna were fabulous each morning and greeted us like we were old friends.
This location was a perfect "home base" for each day's hiking and explorations!
We will be back to this location in the future and have recommended it it to all our friends.

Room Tip: If you don't mind climbing stairs, book a room on the second floor to take advantage of the beau...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rseh2012
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My family and I love this hotel! We have been treated great for years. Guido and Donna absolutely serve the best breakfast. They are courteous, helpful and professional. The selection of breakfast items is phenomenal. This full breakfast consists of made to order omelets, biscuits and sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, applewood bacon, waffles with cherry topping and whipped cream, fresh fruit from strawberries, pineapple and honeydew melon, several cereals to choose from, bagels, toast, donuts, hot chocolate, coffee and juices. I've probably left out something. However, you should get the idea! The office is professionally run by Ryan and Dwayne. The grounds are immaculate! The location is absolutely beautiful! My family always looks forward to the next time we stay here!

Room Tip: We have liked every unit we have stayed in.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I stayed in Ouray on a recommendation of a friend, & can say that I was not disappointed in the town or my choice in hotel. My room was excellent & pleasantly modern & well-kept. I got excellent recommendations from the staff for arranging my activities, which I appreciated as a last-minute planner. As for the hotel features, I can say that definitely appreciate the breakfasts & recovering in the hot tub or pool w/ the mountains site rounding me. I want to come back, & so this is the hotel that I'd trust to come back to for the second visit.

• Stayed: May 2012