“Peaceful and Beautiful!”

Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Still enjoying the wonderful experience of my recent stay in this hotel. Very delightful to have the ability to get into the hot springs at anytime and return to the pleasant splender of our room. I felt the staff did an amazing job of serving and exceeded in a wonderful breakfast bar.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lorena Young G
Managment12, Guest Relations Manager at Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Hello Lorena Young G,
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear we exceeded your expectations. We are a very small staff of people that care about this place a lot! If the world only knew of how few people we staff to accomplish so much. Each person here is a hard-working and caring individual. We all have off days but we keep in mind that is it your vacation that we are working for. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
Tim W.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

My friend and I stayed here for a mini vacation. We were treated very well. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We truly enjoyed the 3 hot springs they have, very relaxing. We had hot breakfast every morning. The beds were extremely comfortable, I had a wonderful nights sleep every night we were there.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lara m

Hello Lara M,
Thanks for your review and I'm glad we were able to accommodate you and your friend so well. We offer our Hot Springs 24 hours a day so everyone can enjoy them at their leisure. Please see us again soon!
Tim W.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

From the moment i pulled up I knew this was going to be a great experience. Me and my Dad were coming down form Grand Junction and this place came highly recommended from my dad's buddy Rob. The room rate alone will make you want to stay another night. Beautiful landscape almost timeless, friendly and helpful staff and the locals were just as cool. I will be coming back here with my family and friends very soon.....Can't Wait!!!!!

Room Tip: If all the rooms are like ours was then your not getting a bad one.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hello Benjamin B,
We are happy to hear you had a great time and especially since it was by recommendation. Please come see us again and thanks for your review!
Tim W,

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Had a two night stay for ice climbing with a friend in the Ouray Ice Park. We arrived late at night and got checked in ourselves (desk closed at 9). We got our gear into our room and it was already pretty warm. The beds were good quality and there were a lot of pillows.

In the morning we went to breakfast. The omelette bar attendant was talkative and friendly. There was a tourism video playing on the tv and the skiers looked competent anyway...

We spent the day in the ice park climbing. It's a short walk up from Twin Peaks, one of the reasons I like it. I've stayed here several times, both when it was a Best Western and since. In the motel parking lot a little group of deer were standing, not afraid of us at all. The maids cleaned the room even though we were stay-overs. After dinner we hit the hot springs tub. It is inside, and very hot. The bottom is gravel for a more wild feel. Did I say it was hot? Yeah. Felt great after a long day on the ice. There is a towel rack with color changing lights. A little plaque explains where the water comes from, how clean it is, and how hot it is.

In the morning we had another great breakfast and hit the road. Overall another great stay at Twin Peaks.

Room Tip: Book online at the Twin Peaks Lodge website for the very best prices. Mountain View rooms are great.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Managment12, Guest Relations Manager at Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Hello Charles!
Thank you for your extensive and awesome review complete with photos. I saw the deer also! They were so cool. I'm not a native to Ouray so they still give me some excitement too :). Thank you for pointing out some of our best qualities. If you ever feel the tubs are too hot or not hot enough, please let us know while we are open so we can adjust the incoming water. We can do this for all of our faculties. Just know the larger the body of water the longer it will take to temper. Once again, I appreciate your review and will let everyone know we did another great job. We will see you next time!
Tim Walters

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Pam the Chef makes an amazing omelet to order! The rest of the breakfast is pretty diverse and fresh. You can walk to all the ice within a few minutes. There is a hot-spring pool. The rooms have attached private rooms so some may get sleep while others are awake.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Managment12, Guest Relations Manager at Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Hello!
I'll let Pam know she got another great review! I think the rooms you are referring to are 2BR Suites. They are on the ground floor and a two queen beds in one room and a single queen in the other. They both share a bathroom. These rooms are great for guests who want to be close to each other, but still be able to close a door between rooms. No other rooms on the property have adjoining doors. Thanks for your room tip and review! I hope this information has helped future guests make a decision on what they are looking for.
Tim Walters

Reviewed 20 February 2014

It is a great place, really close to the ice park. They have an awesome breakfast, and a great hot springs. I would recommend to anyone looking for a place to stay for visiting Ouray.

I only wish the breakfast would start earlier so I could eat and get an early start for ice climbing (they started serving at 7:00 AM, and 6;00 AM would have been better).

1  Thank scholbiwan
Managment12, Guest Relations Manager at Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Hello Scholbiwan,
Thanks for your awesome review! We would be happy to have you stay with us again. Believe it or not, we used to have breakfast times earlier and later than they are now(6am-10am). What we found out buy shortening the hours is we have saved on food cost by an astronomical percentage. This in return has allowed us to lower our rates for the hotel to the lowest they have been in years. It is Feb 22 2014 and a room with two queen beds booked online is around $77+tax. This time last year it was about $110.99+tax! Obviously the will rate increase the closer to mid summer we are. However, this is a very low rate for all of the amenities and its all because of our improvements. Thank you again for taking the time to give us a great review and I hope this information helped to explain the reason behind our hours.
Happy Vacationing!
Twin Peaks Lodge and Hot Springs

Reviewed 19 February 2014

This place has it all. Great breakfast, mineral hot springs and pool. The room was very adequate for our needs. The highlight by far was Pam in the kitchen. Very hard working, friendly and a great cook. I'll stay here anytime going to Ouray.

2  Thank Chad M
Managment12, Guest Relations Manager at Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Hello Chad M,
Pam will see this and I'm sure she will be very happy. Thank you for letting us and her know, we did a great job. We will continue to offer the best quality we can for you and future guests.
See you next time!