“Horrible Service, Ripoff!”

Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Tried to reserve online. Never received a confirmation. Called to see if I had a reservation, They said no and that they were booked, Now I am being billed and they won't refund my money. Ryan was extremely rude!! If this is an example of their service, I wouldn't advise staying here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Serialnan
Managment12, Guest Relations Manager at Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Hello Nanci D,
There appears to be some confusion, please allow me to explain the situation further. As there is no record of phone calls I am unable to successfully pin-point who you spoke with the first time you called. The only thing I can promise is to address my statements to everyone working here. We all need to check very hard, using every possible method we can use to look up a reservation. With that being said, this situation is still fresh in our minds and many details have been missed in your review. We checked your reservation when Ryan spoke with you and a confirmation email was sent to the one provided on file. Sometimes our email address can be red flagged by spam boxes. It's rare but it does happen. You requested a copy of your confirmation email when you spoke with Ryan and he was not able to comply. The reason being, your (reservation) becomes a (folio) at check in. The normal process for sending a (confirmation email) becomes the process for sending a copy of your (itinerary). We realize this maybe inconvenient, but we do not write the software for our reservations system. We are at their mercy. As a solution to your problem, Ryan offered a gift certificate in the full amount of your stay good for one full year from your reservation date. This was an appropriate action to take. Folks reading this know there are always two sides to every story. We admit our fault and our guilt regarding this matter. We also admit our fair actions in how the preceding was handled. We hope future guests will see the glowing reviews we have received above and below this one and are now able to make a fair and just decision on which lodging choice to make in Ouray. ( Your-a).
Best Regards,

Reviewed 7 July 2014

As first-timers to Ouray, we were excited to visit. We booked a stay at the Twin Peaks (primarily due to the fact that they included breakfast). When I was booking online, I wanted to make sure that my two teenagers were charged for breakfast (as I assumed the rate only included breakfast for two). I called Twin Peaks and they advised me to put 4 Adults online and they would charge me $10 extra for each person. When I went over to check out the breakfast, there was a lady yelling that the breakfast was shutting down and the omelet station was already closed. It was only 9:15am and most of the food was already gone (no coffee, a few pastries, no fruit, etc.). And the ironic part was that the place was full - not one table left. At that point, it was clear that we were going to have to go somewhere else to eat. Upon checkout, I shared my feedback with the manager and kindly asked to get a refund for the $20. Not only did he not refund the money, but he argued about what rate I paid and argued that there was plenty of food available at that time. Being in the hospitality myself, I am super sensitive to those working in the service industry, but I was completely shocked by his reaction and argumentative nature. It's not about the money (it's only $20), it's the principle. This is absolutely not how you treat customers.

Other than the staff, the property is great. We really enjoyed sitting outside on the lawn and the close proximity to Box Springs. I really wish we had a different experience when checking out because I'd love to come back, but it left a really bad taste in my mouth and therefore I definitely wouldn't recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Katie J
Managment12, Guest Relations Manager at Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Hello!
Sorry to hear you did not have great first impression of our property. We all work very hard here and i appreciate you noticing. However, the breakfast tickets are non-refundable. we have made it clear in all of our paperwork as well as verbally when you check in. The stamp on the envelope indicating breakfast tickets are inside also has the wording non-refunable on it. We are required to get the exact number of people so you are able to enter breakfast. This way we can monitor the number of people eating and prevent non-guest entry. As for your selection of items available at breakfast we do provide a full hot breakfast with chef prepared omelets from 7:00Am to 9:30Am. It seems that almost everyone has the same idea of when to head to breakfast around 8:15Am. When that happens it appears we are under staffed but really are just all at once over whelemd by guests. Shortly after the rush we do not restock some of the most expensive items. This way we are able to provide more options daily with the same home cooked quality. I can assure you there is plenty to eat at all times of breakfast. We are always working for each other to help when we are needed. Just before this review was posted we were happy to gain a helper in the breakfast room. He is a great addition to our team. As for your mentioning the breakfast room was closing at 9:15 , Pam was letting everyone know it was last call for omelets. Not that she was closed at that moment. Just that there was 15 minutes left in breakfast. We also advise at check in that earlier is better than later for breakfast. Even some of our "excelent" reviews mention this nifty travelers tip. We do hope you can look past the unpleasent experience you had with the breakfast tickets and choose to stay with us again. We are all really hardworking individuals and would love to have the chance to make your next stay right.
Best,
Twin Peaks Lodge And Hot Springs

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed here for 5 days as we celebrated my husband's 40th birthday. 3rd week of June. Jeep trails are what we came for. A few jeep trails were still closed, but the lodge couldn't have been better! The 3 queen bed suite was perfect for our family. Kids 7,11,12 yrs. The maid service was outstanding! The MineShaft on site restaurant was excellent. The food was impressive and the bar was perfect! They even had a Gluten Free pizza and GF burger buns! Two of my kids and I have a stong intolerance to wheat. My 10 year old son was excited to go to breakfast each morning. There was food he could actually enjoy. Omlets, taters, fruit, bacon, we were happy. Bring your own GF cereal if you don't do eggs. By the end of our stay, Pam the chef, knew my son's name. Pam was great, food was great. The warm mineral pool was very neat. There is a plaque near the spa that tells about the natural warm water, stop by and read it. In the office, there was free popcorn, coco and cappacino. The kids really liked that :) We walked to dinner to the main street of Ouray. The Outlaw restaurant was awesome. Overall, I would book this place again in a heartbeat! We had a very nice stay!

Room Tip: All rooms looked good. They were all the same distance to the pool & spa. Parking was directly i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hello CAMoni!
Thank you for your extensive review! We are always thinking of ways to accomodate all of our guests in any ways we can. Like you mentioned our on property restaurant is now serving some gluten free options. We were always being asked and now we are able to accomodate. Ill tell Pam she did a great job and ill show her your review. Please dont hesitate to come see us again. We look forward to make another great family vacation memory.
Best Regards

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Loved this place. Stayed 3 nights. Beds were super comfortable. Maid service was excellent.
Loved the warm pool and spring fed hot tub. The breakfast was great and plentiful. The omelets were made to our liking. The food at the Mine Shaft was also good. Good location and short walk to the heart of the city. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The room with the bunk beds are great for kids...small though.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hello!
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are happy to hear you had a great time and will be staying with us again. Happy Vacationing!
Best Regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We picked this place based on reviews, breakfast and the rooms had a bath tub not just a shower. The room was beautiful and the bedding ranked with the very best we ever had anywhere including much more expensive hotels. The room appeared to be newly renovated. Check-in was pleasant and quick. We booked online from the computer in the lobby as that saved about $30 per night. The clerk was bubbly and helpful and you could tell she liked her job. The grounds were well maintained and attractive. We wanted the second floor and no problem for us but if you have trouble with steps there are alot of them so may want to stay on 1st level. We didn't have time to hop in the hot springs pools but they looked nice. The view from our room was simply spectacular.
Breakfast selection of food was great but it was poorly maintained and we aren't too hard to please. This was in sharp contrast to everything else. Out of coffee, bacon, sausage, napkins, forks, and plates. Apparently there were no napkins anywhere because the cook had to go into the restroom and bring out tissues for people to use as napkins. The poor hard working woman cooking the eggs to order was also the one who had to maintain the regular breakfast bar items and bus the tables as well. This was at 8:45-9:00 am and left us scratching our head how management could expect anyone to do that without quality suffering greatly. The review by joni444 that said go to breakfast before 8:30 is probably good advice. Earlier the better and maybe even 8:00. Also only one waffle iron which made long waits just to get a waffle. Unfortunately we expected more based on the advertised breakfast as that is our most important meal so we were disappointed in that respect. We did get food and what we got was very good but it was a long rather unpleasant process along with listening to others complaining around us. Not the best way to start the day on vacation. Despite the breakfast problems everything else was soooo nice we kind of overlooked it. We would stay here again and plan to eat around 7:30.

Room Tip: Lots of steps to get to the second floor. No problem unless you have trouble with steps.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This is definitely a cute little hotel! The breakfast is by far the best I have ever had in a hotel! There is a made to order omelette station, a waffle maker, eggs, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, bagels, and so much more. They even have movies on the main lawn on Fridays on a big blow up screen, definitely a nice touch for families. The pool is nice, and there is an adult only one that is very relaxing if you want some time away from the kids. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. They will even give you a free bag of ice for your coolers. My only complaint would be that the outdoor hot tub can look a little dirty, but that's pretty much unavoidable. Overview, it's a great place to stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The lodge is located just after you descend the mountain from Silverton. The view is breathtaking. Mineral springs pool for adults is wonderful (103 degrees). A nice touch is the towels they have in the adults only pool area. The rooms are clean, and beds are comfortable. The only problem with our room was the bathroom door which wouldn't close or open without a lot of force. The shampoo and conditioner they offer are wonderful. The lotion is amazing. I wanted more bottles of that! We ate at the Tiki bar for dinner. The corned beef in the reuben sandwich is moist and tender. The ambiance on the patio is very nice with a firepit with stones and a water wall that changes colors. Be sure to go for dinner early as they run out of some menu items. When we were there, they ran out of spinach and ribs. And be sure to go for breakfast before 8:30 when everyone shows up. We had no problems going at 8:00. I ordered a veggie omelet which was delicious. The gal in here works hard, so bring a couple of dollars to put in the tip jar. All in all, we really enjoyed staying here and would stay again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends