“Favorite Place to Stay in Ouray”

Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stopped by when traveling in Colorado and booked a room. Everything was excellent as usual. We enjoyed the adult only hot springs for a refreshing soak then headed to the pool. The view from there is so beautiful. Hit the Tiki Bar for a couple of drinks and order pizza from the take out for later. The flowers around the grounds were absolutely beautiful. One of the most comfortable beds I have ever seen. Can't think of anything I would change except to have been able to stay a couple of more days.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We booked a room for Saturday night. Checked in, dropped off our luggage, showered and went to dinner. When we came back all of the parking spots at the hotel were taken except for 4 located between the lobby and some tents set up for a wedding. We parked in one of those. A bridesmaid carrying a beer comes up to us and says "you can't park here". When we explained that there weren't any other spots she said "take it up with the owner". So we went inside and told the front desk girl our dilemma. She tells us that no we can't park there. She goes to talk to the manager and comes back and says "the manager says the wedding will be over at 7". I told her that's not the point. We paid for a room and we want to park at the hotel. We tried to speak with the manager, Ryan, but were told "he's busy. He's catering the wedding". We told the front desk girl we wanted to park in the parking lot or they could refund our money. The manager opted to have us check out and refunded our money. We had to drive home 3 hours away through the mountains at night. I understand that the wedding probably booked multiple rooms but I'm also a small business owner and I give my small customers the same customer service as my large customers. Which has led my small customers to refer larger customers to my business. This was completely unprofessional and the worst customer service I have ever encountered.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Stacy B
Reviewed 6 August 2014

So this place is amazing. I loved the quaint rooms and relaxing hot springs. The pool is fantastic and it is a short walk from everything. The things that caused me pause were small enough that I still spent two weekends in a row here. My only complaint is that customer service is lacking a bit. When we arrived at 2:15 PM (check in is at 3PM) I asked if they would let us check in early as my son was ill and had been vomiting. She would not even check to see if a room was available. She just said come back at 3PM. Also the tone of the postings (they are everywhere, in every room on every surface) are very negative and really not necessary. 95% of people will do the right thing most of the time, with out a notice or posting, and the other 5% will do the wrong thing, with or without a posting. My suggestion to management is do away with the gestapo type oversight and create an even more relaxing environment.

I still love this place. I will return again and again even with the customer service issues.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank lorarose
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Like other viewers, we are return customers here. Perfect plain lodgings. Clean comfy rooms. They have very well kept grounds, beautiful pool. And the view...I honestly don't think there is a bad view in Ouray...Twin Peaks is no exception. The staff is charming and helpful. I think the breakfast room could do with some managerial reorganisation, and I wish they would put the towels on the rack next to the shower instead of in cute shapes on the bed. It's a bummer when you forget to take your towel into the bathroom:/ But we will continue to come here. Love it!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LinusAdvice
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We have stayed with them for several years, usually about a week at a time. Quality beds, clean rooms, wonderful food in the best spot on earth. It does not get any better.
We look forward to our stay with them year after year.

Room Tip: All we have had have been great.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Twin Peaks is a friendly, clean atmosphere with plenty of parking and great jeep rental. The omelet chef is the best! She not only made great omelets, she would greet me with my name and a smile. The pools are clean and fun for all. If you are looking for an affordable and great place to stay in Ouray, CO then Twin Peaks is the place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Shane M
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The rooms were large, had updated TV, refrigerator, separate sink area from bathroom. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. There are 3 warm mineral pools with towels supplied. Staff was very friendly. Had dinner in the Tiki Bar in the outside patio which was fun. Breakfast (included with stay) was the ultimate with everything to choose from that you could imagine and very delicious. You are within walking distance to town and the views are like being in Switzerland.

Room Tip: Second floor overlooking the mineral pools
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends