Comfort Inn
River's Edge Motel(Ouray)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$137
US$134
Box Canyon Lodge & Hot Springs(Ouray)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$119
Timber Ridge Lodge(Ouray)(Great Value!)
US$79
Ouray Inn(Ouray)(Great Value!)
US$93
Ouray Chalet Inn(Ouray)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$82
Matterhorn Motel(Ouray)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$98
Ouray Victorian Inn(Ouray)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$108
US$182
US$177
Travelocity
Main Street Inn(Ouray)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$86
All reviewshot tubthe main streetwafflesin townno elevatorhot itemsnew carpetwithin walking distancechain hotelice climbingthe ownerthe million dollar highwayfall colorsrooms are cleanouray ice parkwonderful breakfastnice room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We drove a long distance to attend the funeral of a family friend of some 45 years. He was a contractor and well known in the town, so we were comped rooms here without being charged. Old School ! Wow....beautiful. We were given the keys to the room by a relative of the deceased and told dogs in the room were okay. We never saw the sign on the door that said "Let us know if you have dogs" because we never checked in. All of a sudden Queen Betty became a snotty, rude you know what when apparently the housekeeper told her there were dogs in the room. She snarled at me that dogs go in certain rooms only, now the whole room has to be taken apart and cleaned of dog hair. When I told her I had literally taken a rag towel and cleaned the dogs' feet of dirt before letting them in the room and then washed their feet off in the bathtub, she almost had a heart attack. "YOU WASHED THE DOGS OFF IN THE BATHTUB????!!!????"....as if I had robbed her of all her treasures. She is obviously not from the mountains. Suddenly, Betty the Queen changed her multiple personalities into the nice one when the relative of the deceased walked up. Betty instantly became a smiling, normal human being instead of a raging maniac. Creepy. I insisted on paying the pet fee - which she was more than happy to extract from me. $30 for two dogs. HOWEVER, Betty the Queen Mother was gone when we checked out (a night early by the way), so the desk clerk tried to get away with charging me $36 plus tax !!! Huh?!? What kind of a small-town rip-off place is this? We definitely will never stay there with the owners snotty, better than you small town attitudes and obviously unhappy lives. She definitely tried to make a sentimental, emotional time for us a miserable one. Bad karma, Betty ! But thanks for the unhappy free night.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. Also, the guy next to us got up at 5 a.m. to go to work and the paper thin walls kept us awake after that.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank desertdakini
Management response:Responded 30 June 2012

Really?..... Okay, what they fail to say, is this friend of theirs was also a dear friend of ours. Our daughter and his were best friends. They traveled to Peru together, shared ups and downs, and when Steve got sick, cried together. The family told me they had friends coming in that couldn't afford to stay, and would have to drive back. I offered to let them stay at no cost to anyone as I had when other family members had come in. I was a little taken back by their attitude toward the pet, as was the family member who had talked to me of their financial situation. They had not only washed their dogs feet in the bathtub, but had given both dogs complete baths leaving mud throughout the bathroom. I did charge them $30.00 and passed it directly on to my housekeeping staff who were the ones that had to clean up after these folks. Enough said, I think this comment speaks for itself.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights during the busy ice festival weekend. The hotel was fully booked, but the staff was still attentive and super friendly. Breakfast was ok. Would have been nice if they switched up the hot food option. Otherwise, the food got tiring to eat the same thing each morning.

Clean, and pretty spacious. I would definitely stay again at this great little motel nestled in this cute mountain town.

Unfortunately we did not take advantage of the hot tub, but we did get to the local hot springs in town. Next I'll try out the hot tub on deck!

We had a mini fridge and microwave in our room which really helped keep food costs down. I believe you need to request them.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2012

What can I say that others haven't? The staff is as friendly as can be and the pet friendly policy is the best. If you are a climber the breakfast and hot tub is top notch. Will definitely book here for my next visit.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Inexpensive, friendly. Many breakfast items were homemade. The bkfst area felt warm and homey. Staff were very helpful--I left the car lights on and needed a jump... the front desk clerk was there to help me in two minutes, with a smile!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We have decided that THE place to stay in Ouragy CO is the Comfort Inn. Our stay was extremely pleasant. The hotel is EXTREMELY clean, the hosts are EXTREMELY friendly and helpful, the breakfast is WONDERFUL, rooms are VERY quiet and clean (just repeating so you get the message!!!), and the prices are very reasonable (especially when you calculate in the free pool passes). So, the breakfast was VERY complete -- juices, coffee, fruit, yogurt, eggs, sausage and make your own waffles (blueberry or regular) and more -- very fresh, beautifully presented in a very pleasant breakfast room -- complete with binoculars so you can watch the crazy people climbing the cliffs in back of the hotel!! The hotel is off main street and NOT right below the highway that climbs up box canyon so it is VERY quiet!. The main road thru town (and above the south side of town) carries a lot of traffic, so you want a place OFF the highway! Oh, did I mention how CLEAN the rooms were! We were very impressed and we were in the one of the pet friendly rooms with our little dog. It is just a short walk (6 blocks or so) to the pool and just 2 blocks from Main Street with wonderful restaurants (try the Ouray Brewery -- great food and some lovely beers!!). The hot springs at Ouray are the best -- very clean, large and not crowded and very reasonable (city owned). Our hosts at the Comfort Inn gave us a very good city guide that had the map of the city in it and pointed out the Perimeter Hike and it was FANTASTIC. So, for EXTREMELY great prices and EXTREMELY clean rooms and a WONDERFUL breakfast -- try this place. :) really!!!

Room Tip: you don't need a fitness center as you get pool passes!! TRY THIS PLACE. :)
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple