“best in ouray” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
Shermans Dale, Pennsylvania
“best in ouray”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

Have stayed at others in town. But this place is always perfect always clean. Can not beat a free breakfast either. The owner Betty is always the best host. Her staff is always accommodating .Laundry in the basement is always helpfull after a week on the road.After dinner in town just relax in the hot tub. Will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

I personally loved the hotel. The ambiance was amazing. Views were some of the best I have ever seen. The owners have hung hummingbird feeders throughout the hotel. Between the hummingbirds and the views I was on the balcony most of the evening. I enjoyed the breakfast and the owners taking the time to visit with us each morning. It wasn't a cooked to order breakfast, but they had a great selection. The owners offered friendly advice to help us plan out each day and always asked how are day was the day before. You won't find that just anywhere. I'm not sure what the last person was referring to. I found the staff and the Hotel professional and charming.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

As a hospitality employee I find it laughable that this place can charge $130 a night for a room, even for the location. The rooms are furnished with items from the 1980's and seem like they haven't been properly cleaned since that time as well. The hot breakfast is nothing more than microwaved disks of sausage and eggs. My stay at this location was so unenjoyable that we checked out a day early. When I told the owner Betty that we were going back home she laughed at me. From this example and her childish unprofessional responses to reviews on this site it is apparent that she is not a hospitality professional and I have no idea why Choice Hotels would let her run an inn that carries their name. Can't wait to read her response.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tlgriego
BettyWolfe, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
I'm sorry that this was a bad experience for you and I am sorry if you found me or my Tripadvisor responses unprofessional and childish. I never like to hear that one of my guests had a bad experience while staying with us. I would usually remember if someone was this unhappy with their stay , so I am truly surprised by this review. From time to time we do have people who don't like our eggs that we have for breakfast. However if they don't like the eggs, they usually do like the waffels, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, or fruit. Hotel prices at our Inn are comparable to other hotels in this area as well as in the Denver area and actually more reasonable than some during peak season. Working in the hospitality business, you should be aware of this.

I did do a querry to find the information on your stay and thought that I would give you a discount since obviously you were not happy with your stay. However you were in on a Special Employee Discount and you paid $35.00 a night for your room not $130.00 as you led me or other readers to believe by your comments. You did change your room stay the night before you left from 3 nights to 2, and I had already left at that point. I'm sorry we actually didn't have a chance to speak, but I will speak with my employees, in regards to this matter.
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

Made a non-refundable reservation a couple of days before arriving in Ouray. Good thing as there was no vacancy during our late check-in.
Standard motel room on a quiet street, a block off of the main drag. Everything in Ouray is with-in walking distance, the hot springs pool is about a 10 minute walk from motel.
Since we departed very early in order to climb Mt. Sneffels, we missed the free breakfast.
Room rate was a little high, but tourist season is short in Ouray. Plus, you can take advantage of Choice Privileges rewards program.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Virginia, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

While trying to make reservations I advised her that I had a service dog. Was in the process of booking the room and I was advised there was a $15.00 charge for the pet. First of all it is not a pet, it's a working dog. I have never been charged for a service animal and am very disappointed that they were un-accommodating for service animals.

Stayed August 2012
BettyWolfe, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
I am sorry that this happened. I will not make excuses , just an apology. Service animals are treated differently than regular pets and since we are seeing more service animals traveling as companions with our guests, our training of our front desk staff need to be stepped up as well. I seem to have missed something with my staff on this subject. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and if this ever happens to anyone else traveling with a service dog, please contact the management and make them aware of your concerns.
Loveland, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

Since this motel serves elk hunters, skiers, mountain bikers, and ice climbers you can forgive the wear and tear on the rooms. It was basically clean and the breakfast was standard. Our disappointment was price - in July (high season) $149 felt like about $50 too much.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JKBG
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

This facility would be ok for a one night visit, but not for a longer stay or a vacation. Basic room was clean, but no extra facilities such as a lobby or gathering area to relax in (there were two couches by the front desk in the tiny reception area), or any kind of outdoor sitting or relaxing area, and the room did not have a comfortable chair, etc to read or watch tv. Did appreciate the air conditioning and wi-fi, and accommodating a request to chill our cooler and contents, though.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple