“The food is mediocre.”

Nello's Bistro & Espresso Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

I had the potato soup it was underseasoned and a bit gritty. We ordered the shrimp and corn cakes. I couldn't figure out if the tiny shrimp were rehydrated or the frozen ones and it was very salty. I couldn't eat them. Extremely pricey for the food quality.

1  Thank Foodie1314

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Check the local paper to see which nights local musicians are playing at Nellos. They have jazz every Wednesday night starting at about 5 PM. Make a reservation because this place can fill up fast. We visited Nellos last week with friends and had a very enjoyable evening. I had the Caesar Salad which was well dressed with real caesar dressing and served with a half breast of broiled chicken. My wife had lasagna which was also excellent. Our friends ordered pasta that they enjoyed. This restaurant is in the major shopping center in Pagosa Lakes. They have some outdoor seating which is pleasant but is practically in the parking lot. The real draws at Nellos are the music, food a cut above average and a great selection of coffee drinks and smoothies. Be prepared to have a very nice evening if you choose Nellos.

1  Thank flyguide
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My wife and I were told that Nello's was the latest "in" place in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. There actually are a lot of restaurant choices in Pagosa but we decided to check out Nello's to see what all the talk was about. First off, excellent - no even better than excellent food. No question that the wide choices are a welcome addition to the local populace. The service was likewise excellent. But when we left, we both said we weren't sure we'd go back. Why if the food and service were great. The location is a strip mall, the seating is outside (the sun was strong that day) or inside (my wife refuses to eat anywhere she can see a bar). The staff is very pleasant and does the absolute best they can with what they have to work with. I could see going back to this place repeatedly if they found another location. But that is just me. There was a reasonable crowd for lunch on a Monday but I thought it was strange that none of the clients (for lunch) were young people. I also assumed they came for the bar and a late night experience that alas my wife and I have outgrown. Recommended. Enjoy.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

The only complaint I had about this joint is that I ordered a BLT, and the bacon was almost inedible (burnt). Otherwise, it was pretty good. The wait staff was friendly and upbeat. My spouse had a chicken wrap and was pretty happy about it. All in all, I would definitely return.

1  Thank MarshtheFoodMonger
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Next to King Supers grocery store, with nice outdoor seating and friendly service. Trying to find an identity. Great service but confused kitchen. Wedge salad with blue cheese ( extra for bacon and onions) way to much dressing, I mean lots of cream and blue cheese. Thursdays they also do sushi..... Ok the veal piccata was very good and just lightly breaded, the spicy crab rolls were good the spicy ahi tuna turned out to be white tuna...... They need to focus on either Italian or sushi. The sushi was not good. Oil and balsamic with Parmesan was a great opener. The wine list was ok and fair priced. Good margaritas.... Is this an Italian, Mexican or Japanese restaurant..