“Global menu. I could eat here every day.”

Farrago Market Cafe
Price range: US$8 - US$10
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Texas
“Global menu. I could eat here every day.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

This is the inexpensive, informal sibling of Pagosa’s premier Alley House Grille, right across the street. Same chef, Todd Stevens, best in town. At lunch, there’s a deli-type counter where you order. Choices include pizzas, salads, sandwiches, or one of the cold salad dishes from the counter. Those are sold by the pound – buy according to your appetite or try a little bit of several. The food is global, so it includes things like Asian Fire Rice, Greek Grilled Veggie & Rigatoni Pasta, Dried Fruit & Harissa Rice, and several others. You pay at the end of the counter.

After 5:00, you get a paper menu with gourmet sandwiches on one side and pizzas on the other. Sandwiches are mostly $8-$9. The pizzas are what I call California style, not traditional. If you prefer East Coast pizza, you may or may not like these. But there's a good selection of ingredients.

They have coffees, a bunch of teas, and a couple of locally-brewed Pagosa Springs beers on tap. The low-priced house wines by the glass were actually pretty decent. And they just opened the “Back Room Wine Bar” in the rear of the building where they’ll have about 50 wines by the glass. I haven’t been there yet.

The interior is unpretentious with a dozen booths & tables. You’re not paying for atmosphere. During warm-weather, you can also eat outside. Only open till 8:00 in the evening, but that's not uncommon in small towns like this. I could eat here every day, except that it’s closed on Sunday.

• Visited May 2012

Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“Great Casual Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Nice little casual dining spot. Particularly like the salmon fish and chips. Local beer on tap.

Visited April 2012
Los Alamos, New Mexico
“I found a Gem in the Mountains!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

This place was great! My wife and I were in Pagosa for our one year anniversary. We had spent the day hiking and we were exhausted! This is one meal I earned, lol. We decided to try this based on reviews we read online.

We entered and the place was almost empty, but we did arrive at an off hour and it raining cats and dogs outside so we didn't think anything of the emptiness. It was a cozy place, it also had outdoor seating. I ordered the Lamb Gyro and my wife ordered a Quesadilla. We also ordered a side of Regular Fries and Sweet Potato Fries.

The orders were placed at a counter. After a short wait the food was ready, and we chowed down. The Gyro was amazing and was quite large. My wife enjoyed her meal as well. The Sweet potato fries where the best I have ever had, We will most certainly return here next time we are in town!

• Visited July 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

We took out pizza to go, but the atmosphere in the restaurant was very cozy. The pizza was very delicious, a little expensive, but never the less tasty.

Boulder, Colorado
“Quick and tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

First off, the portions are HUGE. There is no way I could ever have finished my salmon fish n chips, so if you're on a budget, it's totally feasible to split a meal. Quality is very good, and the selection should satisfy everyone in your group,.even vegans and picky eaters. I enjoyed the creative twists they gave ordinary entrees, like using salmon for fish n chips, and using a sundried tomato tarter sauce. They have a small but tasty draght beer selection as well. Very low key. Not the friendliest place I've been,.however..

1 Thank lotuswoman