“Poor”

Junction Family Dining
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The old joke about-the service was not good but the food was bad- applies to this place. I ordered what was supposed to be a ribeye with shrimp. If what they served was ribeye, they need to get their beef elsewhere. It was more like a tough cut of sirloin.

The waitress served it with neither steak sauce nor seafood sauce. When I finally got her attention it took another 5 minutes to get it. The potato salad was horrible. What she gave me for cocktail sauce was chunky like salsa and tasted bad.

I don't like to give these poor reviews but this place earned it. I think I am pushing with 2 stars.

Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

We paid $23 for two sandwiches and sodas. My fish sandwich was served plain on a bun with a side of 2 pickles and wilted lettuce--no condiments. I will say the fish was tasty. My husband did not like the Southwest chicken sandwich. Very indifferent food.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is not a 5-star restaurant, but a quaint home-town place to have a good breakfast. There were 4 in our group and we all enjoyed each of the two meals we had. Lots of local traffic there as well as travelers. Easy to find and large parking lot that will handle motorhome and big rig parking.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Both times the breakfast was large and filling - not over-priced....nice atmosphere and the artwork on the walls is a delight - plus gift shop. Bathrooms always clean, too

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Walked in the restaurant and was warmly greeted by the staff. Seated immediately with menus and our drink order was taken. Coffee arrived hot. I am picky about biscuits and gravy. Asked to sample the gravy and Jackie, our waitress, was more than willing to let me sample. I had the Chicken Fried Steak, hash browns, eggs over medium and biscuits and gravy. Husband had the pancakes, ham and eggs over easy. All was very good!! When are through the area again, we will be stopping here again.