“House Ritas and food great”
Review of Chavolos Taqueria

Chavolos Taqueria
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Hole in the wall friendly family oriented restaurant. House rita large with balanced lime sweet and sour. Wife tortilla soup and chicken taco salad very good. I had chili relleno with sour cream chicken enchilada. Salsa mild kick and fresh chips.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

My family and I ate at Chavalos on our way home from Pagosa. I am not usually a breakfast person but this breakfast was great! I had their green chili breakfast. It came with 2 eggs, green chili, beans, rice and warm tortillas. So good! My daughters ordered their pancake (6 yrs & 4 yrs) - warning - this pancake is huge! They could have shared one. It was fluffy and cooked perfectly! We will eat at Chavolos next time we are in Pagosa.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Great food, great price, awesome owners! One of my favorite Mexican places and I'm a picky one!

2  Thank Clyde678
Reviewed 3 June 2012

My husband and I ate here based on the reviews we read. The restaurant is in a little shopping center and has no atmosphere. It appeared that many locals were eating dinner. I ordered a margarita and a ceviche tostada and both were great. My husband ordered a combination plate and the tamale was not steamed and part of it was dried out as if it had been sitting under a heat lamp. The chili relleno was average. The beans and rice, chips and salsa were all good. Service was slow, with no follow up to see if we were satisfied. The prices were not inexpensive; with tip a little over $30. Would I try again, probably, but we were traveling and won't be back to Pagosa.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Authentic Mexican, not Tex-Mex or New Mexican, just real down-to-earth Mexican food! Nothing fancy, but if you are hungry for home-cooked flavor this is the place.