“Wonderful stay”

San Juan Motel
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

We checked in at 10pm, just as they were closing the office. Night desk was very thoughtful and had just left us a message as he was not sure we would make it in time. Clean room, and great value. Loved that it was easy to find

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Spming
SanJuanMotel, Manager at San Juan Motel, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time write a review! We greatly appreciate your comments and are happy that you enjoyed your stay and our service. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Mancos, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This is my absolute favorite place to stay in Pagosa. I love everything about this wonderful, quaint property. I live 2hours away and I usually stay at least twice a month....It's a great place to relax escape for a few days.the rooms/cabins are cozy and clean. I stay in the cabins as they have e kitchen and the comforts of home. Some of the rooms have kitchenette as well.

The property suits right on the river.The San Juan River is known for its great fishing, so it's perfect for any sportsman, and if you catch any fish you are able to cook them for dinner right there in the cabin!!!

The San Juan is operated by some of the most delightful folks I've come to know..super friendly and funny. Just ask, and your needs will be taken care of if possible. I can't say enough about this wonderful gem at the foot of Wolf Creek Pass.

Room Tip: I like the cabins and the cabin- etts.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Donna R
SanJuanMotel, Manager at San Juan Motel, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
The entire staff thanks you for taking the time for posting your comments! We always look forward to your visits!
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My husband was doing Ride the Rockies, 83 miles in 80+ temps. I knew he wouldn't be happy if he had to wait until the designated check-in time of 3pm. I arrived at 1pm and was promptly given my key. The room was spacious and the ice machine in the hospitality room worked overtime to provide comfort for sweltering bikers with sore muscles. All in all, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BoulderLyons
SanJuanMotel, Manager at San Juan Motel, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
The entire staff here thanks you for taking the time to acknowledge our efforts! We hope you and your husband enjoyed the rest of the ride!!

Thank you again and we hope you will come back when you have more time to spend in the area!
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I was in town with my husband for a work trip and thoroughly enjoyed my stay! We did not stay in one of the cabins, but our room had a quaint cabin feel with a very nice kitchenette. If you want a more "homey feel" from your hotel experience, this is the perfect place. Recent motels I have stayed in have not always been very clean, but this one exceeded my expectations! It is very clean and gives you a true vacation feel. We left our room for about 45 minutes and when we got back, our place was already cleaned! It is within walking distance to the river and downtown with shops and restaurants on the way. We enjoyed the hot tub which was also very clean and well kept. The owners were friendly and made us feel very welcome. They were prompt upon our arrival and always made sure when they saw us to ask about our stay and offer us advice about "must-sees" in Pagosa Springs. It seems like they take great care of this place and mentioned they are upgrading the windows. I would come back to stay again and recommend it to anyone I know is coming this way.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jessica1781
SanJuanMotel, Manager at San Juan Motel, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope your husband had a successful business trip! It is greatly appreciated that you took the time to post your comment.

Please come back when you have the chance to spend some leisure time in the area.

Thank you again!
phoenix
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My second stay and I still love the place, great location by the river sporting goods store and liquor store and hiking
stayed in a cool cabin, looked remodeled/ liked the hot tub/staff was nice/breakfast was included
front desk gave me a discount coupon for the local hot springs

Room Tip: ask for the cabins also visit the local hot springs
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank wolfgangPhoenix B
SanJuanMotel, Manager at San Juan Motel, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words!
We have many return guests and enjoy seeing each of you year after year and in some cases month after month.
Remember, if there is anything you ever need during your stay you can let any of our staff members know (front desk or housekeeping) and will take care of it!
Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The windows in our room were old and sealed so we were unable to sleep with any fresh air (or risk leaving the door ajar which did not feel safe). One look at the carpet and you know you must wear socks at all times. Thin, worn bed sheets over a soft mattress that felt like foam. Otherwise, it seems clean but the rooms are beyond dated and just sad. Luckily, we were only there for one night. I've never checked out of a place so early the next day.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FantaSean
SanJuanMotel, Manager at San Juan Motel, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
We greatly apologize that you had a sticking window. It is our goal to be sure everyone has an enjoyable visit. If you had brought this to our attention we would have taken care of the problem immediately or even moved to another room if necessary.
We make every attempt to be sure that everything is clean and operational before every guest checks and always encourage everyone to let us know if there is "anything" they need during their stay both at check-in and even on the motel maps each guest receives.
If you return to Pagosa please feel free to contact me directly.

Travellers are raving about these Pagosa Springs hotels

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 21 March 2013

The customer service we experienced is beyond words. I've never been treated so poorly by anyone in the hotel industry. Not ever. During my conversation, I was informed, you pay when you check out. This was not case! Like most hotels, I'm sorry if this does not apply to motels. This was our first experience in a motel and our last! Long story short, the customer serivce was horrible. We were told you had to pay upfront, then was told we could pay when we checked out on Friday. Then the assistant manager came pounding on our door during the day, demanding we pay right now. The woman was a rude to my husband that hadn't slept since his diabetes was out of control. The rudeness she displayed was so unprofessional, we left a day early, even though our reservations were for 2 nights. It was an all around horrible experience.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank MRSD69
SanJuanMotel, Manager at San Juan Motel, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
We are sorry that you did not understand the terms of the reservation that was made through an online service that not only states that you must have a "valid ID and Credit Card" at the time of check-in and that your confirmation advises you that even we reserve the right to "pre-authorize" that card at the time of the booking.
Our front desk staff was following policy and made extensive notes (upon check-in) that you had opted to pay and stay only one night.. Even under the circumstances she still honored the special rate that is typically only valid for a 2 night stay with evidence of the purchase of a lift ticket to the ski area and also provided you with a FREE room upgrade.
When you did not check out the next day by 11am (check out time) we made several attempts to contact you, even leaving a message on the phone number given at check-in and knocking on the room door to find out if you were planning to stay an additional night and to collect payment.
You decided to leave at around 4pm and were not charged a late check out fee.
Again, we do apologize that you did not understand the policies provided to you in advance.