“Love it/Hate It”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado
“Love it/Hate It”
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Good thing about this hotel, a time sharing unit is great for budget and ski travelers who like to cook your own meal while you are on vacation and able to dry out your ski outfits with full equipped kitchen and washer/dryer.

There are two bad things about the unit that we stayed. One is the insulation of the wall between units is poorly done. If you are a light sleeper or have young children traveling with you; you may not able to fall asleep at all especially when you can hear the conversation and commotion from your neighbor. Two, our second night stay we got no hot water! 3 hours after placed a service call to house keeping – Call at 8PM and still no hot water at 11PM and even till next morning. There is no follow up from the staff regarding our request. End it up, we went to The Spring Resort and SPA to take a shower and soak in the hot spring for lack of sleep and warm up the cold body.

We addressed our concern when we check out but the front desk did nothing.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank wadashi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Bogata, Texas
Reviewed 24 March 2011

We stayed at Wyndham Pagosa with our extended family for a week in March 2011 (snow skiing at Wolf Creek). The drive up to Wolf Creek from the Wyndham takes about 20-30 minutes, depending on weather and traffic (going through Wolf Creek Pass coming-and-going). Our condo was VERY clean and had everything we needed for a week of relaxing after long days on the ski slopes-- other than groceries! ;) We were within a short distance of several nice restaurants and City Market (owned by Kroger), though, so we didn't want for food very often!
All of the staff at Wyndham Pagosa that I came in contact with were very friendly, kind, and helpful.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank m0947
Reviewed 6 March 2011

Stayed in the Eagles Loft portion of this wyndham property and in a unit that was supposedly "just renovated". What a mess! This place is so overdue for a real renovation that it is really sad. Beautiful setting in Pagosa but if they don't do some serious upkeep and renovation, no one should visit Eagles Loft. Old, worn out Furnature, ancient TV's, broken stereo, a couch and chairs that look like they came out of last week's garage sale. The "new" stuff like cheap tile floors, crooked tile shower, and low grade fixtures made us ask "why renovate if you're going to make it looks this bad". Wyndham you NEED to get this propery back to Wyndham standards. My wife and I have visited many Wyndham properties all over kand this one looks like it's been foreclosed on! Very very sad, could be nice and it's trashy at best.

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank Kajecg
Texas
Reviewed 21 January 2011

We used a RCI week from a relative for this timeshare resort and were generally satisfied with it...large areas (2 bedroom lockout) with two kitchens and laundry machines - about what you can expect - three stars is adequate and fair, I think. What was really annoying was the duplicitous manner in which the concierge presented our check-in materials. Shirley said that she could not give us their packet of area attractions and discounts unless we attended a 60-minute orientation. They offered us $50 for our time and opinions saying that they intended to remodel. I realized that it would be a sales pitch but it was such a bait-and-switch...they did not ask our opinion of the facilities, or orient us toward the area The sales pitch was a standard timeshare come on. Brian (the closer) insulted us when he said that we "m-o-o-c-h" from our relatives (better for the corporation to enjoy the fruits of the maintenance fee without having to provide accommodations) and reacted angrily when I said that I would not pay $14k and $500/year for a weeks worth of points (so much for not being a hard sell, Shirley.) Yes, Brian, it is my life. Brian, I was there for an orientation and to express my opinion, but you never asked what we thought of it...needs to be updated, pillows are awful, internet is spotty, one decent treadmill, two out of order, one old.
Pagosa is great - loved the surrondings - skiing was great - just avoid the sales people. Just say "no" to the orientation/feedback session. The packet was pathetic, by the way.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank danielm24
Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
Reviewed 8 January 2011

From the get go, this place was a serious disappointment. We had just driven 7 hours and wanted to just check in and relax without someone trying to get us to attend a timeshare presentation for a few goodies. I said three times, we were there to ski only, and she didn't stop. Next, we were told the activity center across the street would sell us lift tickets. It didn't and it couldn't since it was closed. The front desk obviously didn't know the schedule of the activity center or that we couldn't get discounted lift tickets at that time. When I went to the same activity center on a different day to use the internet advertised in the brochure, I was ignored by two employees stuffing envelopes and chatting. When I was finally acknowledged, one of the women said they didn't have internet there and hadn't for two or three years. The first time I flushed the toilet with only a small amount of toilet paper in it, if overflowed and gave me a toilet shower before I could get the water turned off. The heat dropped down in the unit to 46 degrees two nights in a row when the thermostat just turned itself off, and the volume on the tv went up and down on its own. I wondered if the place had gremlins or something. Although there had been a big storm a few days before our arrival and there were very few guests, the parking lot, sidewalk, and porch had not been shoveled so we dragged our bags through the snow. When the battery on my car went dead and I called to say I needed a jump and had my own cables, I was informed it is not in the the policy to jump cars. The unit was drafty and had a 3/8 inch gap all around the front door that literally showed daylight. The unit looked like it hadn't been updated since the 80's and was cheaply constructed. Chipped pink countertop, old brass fixtures, old jacuzzi, etc.

Pagosa Springs is a charming town and the ski resort is awesome, but I will not stay at the Wyndham again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank MesaMs
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 3 January 2011

We requested a 3 Room condo, they told us they did not have one, so we were stuck into a 2 Rm. with 7 people in our party, the 1st night we were there my son-in-law got sick and thought he was going to have to go to the emergency room, as he lay on the bathroom floor, as he is highly allergic to cats, there was the smell of cat urine in the condo and out on the patio, my husband has COPD, they both were ill. We called the office the next day and they put us in a 3 Rm condo. Go figure why didn't we get the 3 Room in the first place without cat urine.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank bullhockey51327
Grand Prairie, Texas
Reviewed 15 November 2010

My husband and I visited Wyndam Pagosa Springs for our anniversary. We both needed rest and relaxation. We got it! The place is so quiet and the scenery just beautiful. We were in the Teal landing buildings. Newly remodeled, nice jacuzzi tub and very cozy KING bed. It is safe to say I will return!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple