“Spring Break in Pagosa Springs, Colorado!”
Review of Wyndham Pagosa

Wyndham Pagosa
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Booked a great town home , 3 story, 3 bedrooms with 4 queen sized beds, 2 bathrooms. 2 TV, nice kitchen and dining room. 2 seperate balconies .washer and dryer! Hidden Jewel :Jacuzzi downstairs. Great for family vacations!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank John D
There are newer reviews for Wyndham Pagosa

Reviewed 26 February 2013

I booked this at the last minute looking for a decent, clean place to stay while I was working in Pagosa. I figured the Wyndham name lent some credibility to the property---I was MISTAKEN! They told me on the phone that I would NOT have to sit through any sales pitches, etc. since this is an ownership condo vacation property and then they tried to push free dinner coupons if I sat through something....NO THANK YOU! I went to my room and it was OLD, DIRTY and I could actually see into an adjacent room through a huge CRACK in the DOOR---weird and awful! I went back to the reception area and they gave me another room that was a bit better but NOW I am getting DOUBLE CHARGES ON MY CREDIT CARD with no end in sight as to when I will get a refund. NEVER AGAIN, not at this or any other WYNDAM property.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank TicTacjo
Reviewed 25 February 2013

First of all the staff are welcoming and accommodating. The grounds has wonderful restuarants, site seeing tours, and local grocery stores within walking distance (if you enjoy walking). Pagosa Springs is a wonderful little town and don't forget to visit the Hot Springs just down the street from the Wyndam.

I stayed at the Wyndam in Pagosa Springs twice, and each time was a wonderful yet different experience. The 1st place I stayed at was a beautiful 2 bedroom 2 bath townhome, which offered privacy, individual space and a beautiful livingroom to snuggle with a good book and a gas fireplace. Offers a private balcony and depending on what side you stay on will depend on your view. The place is equipped with everything you need from television, stereo, radio, kitchen necessities (with the exception of food). A beautiful modern style home with comfortable beds, great service and a full laundry room. A home away from home.

The 2nd place was my most favorite. We stayed in a Stand Alone three story home. At first glance it looks a little intimitating, because it looks like it is standing on stilts. You're not sure what to expect, but once you enter you realize you are in a very private home amongst a community of stand alones. You enter the place by going up the outside staircase, which opens up to the 2nd floor. The entrance opens into an entrance way, the laundry closet and kitchen, the dining room, livingroom, and separate ended bedrooms. You enter the bottom floor (ground level) by walking down a spiral staircase located in the center of the home. You then enter a space with a large private jacuzi, and an outside door that leads to the carport. A very private getaway after a long day of adventure and hiking the nearby mountains. There is so much to do, and returning home to a log fireplace (which Wyndam provides the wood) in the main living room. The view is spectacular from the large windows in the living room, and the balconies. The kitchen space is equipped with everything but food, and if you are traveling with more than 2 couples and friends you have the option of going upstaris to a large room with a couple of beds, which in my opinion would be great for children. One way up, one way down, with no access to a balcony (very safe). I would highly recommend the stand alones for anyone without physical challenges, because this place is all about stairs. It is my most favorite with it's rustic style.
Enjoy your stay

Room Tip: Depending on physical challenges I recommend the Stand alones for a family with children over 7 yrs...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank StardustNB
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Our 3rd visit here to ski Wolf Creek as Wyndham owners. This time in Teal Landing in a 2 bedroom unit. Unfortunately, we were not lake side, but the unit is nice and spacious. There were 6 of us and it was comfortable. Love the gas stove! The kitchen is well stocked. The master bedroom had a jacuzzi tub that was shared. Each bedroom had a flatscreen tv and the living room has a larger flat screen. The front desk was responsive to requests for towels, kleenex and dish detergent (although they brought toilet paper the first trip. Mid week clean was missed, and when they did show up, they did not leave enough towels or bath mats...no new soap either. The breakfast owners update turned into a group owners lunch and lasted much too long with an almost desperate attempt for sales. Last year we were in and out, this year was almost 2 hours of saying we were not interested in making any changes...brought in 2 closers to boot.
3 days of powder skiing made up for that presentation. Drinks and dinner at Pagosa Brewing Company (nearby), dinner and drinks at Kip's Grill & Cantina (in town). Look for Riff Raff Brew Pub to be opening Memorial Day in the former Dorothy's Restaurant across from the Humane Society building...

Room Tip: ask for a ground floor unit near the lake
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank SkiBug5
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Stayed here 3 nights to ski at Wolf Creek. This is primarily (completely?) a time share community. So to get your parking pass you have to listen to a sales pitch for the time share (only a couple of minutes). Of course, they also want you to attend the main sales pitch & they'll give $100 to do it. Note that there are a LOT of different models (there are hundreds of units) and I don't know how they decide which to put you in. We were in the Mountain Meadows section & I wasn't impressed. It has a full kitchen, washer/dryer and dishes, but since it's a time share there isn't any maid service. The unit was drafty & only had one thermostat in the living room. Unfortunately every other room was >5 degrees warmer. Since we prefer our sleeping rooms to be cool, we had to set the thermostat way down which resulted in us wearing a coat while watching TV in the main room. Free access to rec center which was much better than you'd usually get at a hotel (although hot tub was pretty wimpy). Also $4 off lift tickets. Okay, but not worth $150/night for 2B/2B we got.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer unit?
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2013

My wife and I have stayed here on 2 other occasions and had liked it because it was a nice getaway close to home. On this visit, however, our car was broken into and several hundred dollars of electronics taken. The robbery took more than a few minutes to accomplish, so the thieves new they had plenty of time.

Turns out Wyndham has no security of any kind. The resort staff was completely uninterested in the event. They acted like I had come in off the street to tell them a story about someplace else they had no interest in.

They are happy to fee you to death, but their interest in you ends when its there turn to do something.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We stayed in Mountain Meadows section. According to there sales rep it is one of there oldest sights and if I bought into Wyndham I would be eligible for better areas. To begin with: We were fine with our condo. It was a townhouse (upstairs-bdrm, bath, washer/dryer, foldout sofa & table.
downstairs- master bdrm with bathroom, kitchen, diningroom, livingroom with foldout sofa & a gas fireplace.) The boy's room upstairs creaked when they walked on it and it was very loud in the morning when they woke up. The facilities were clean and we had a great time. They have a mini golf course, an indoor pool & jacuzzi, 2 raquetball courts and a big exercise room. They also offered activities all week long and they sould discount tickets for local attractions. We highly recommend the hot springs and the Wildlife Park (Check for feeding time and be there when it happens). All in all this resort would have been excellent had they not used deceiving sale tactics. We were told they only needed 60 minutes of our time. We went in at 10:30, told them we were meeting people at the hot springs at 1:30. At 12:45 they wanted to show us the best deal they could offer (because they could see I was smart & understood the program.) When they asked us if we could stay longer to see what they could offer, we told them we would have to be gone by 1:00. Then they told us if we didn't look at it today or tomorrow (the day we were leaving), this great offer would never be offered again. So I guess there is no reason to ever sit thru another sales presentation, because I will never again get as great a deal as they were going to offer. If you go here it is a nice resort with lots to do. I would avoid the sales presentation.

Room Tip: We called ahead and asked for a fireplace ane we got it. Apparently all units do not have fireplace...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family