“Noise between levels really transfers”
Review of Wyndham Pagosa

Wyndham Pagosa
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 July 2008

We had a very nice one bedroom condo on the first floor. It had been nicely updated except for an odd choice in bedspreads. If it hadn't been for tremendous noise that transferred from a unit directly above us, it would have been fine.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GratefulGirlie

Reviewed 28 June 2008

My husband and I just returned from a stay at Wyndham Pagosa, and we loved it! We were in the Peregrine IV area and had a 1 bedroom, 1 bath room. There was plenty of room for the 2 of us, and we very much enjoyed the convenience of having a full kitchen and washer & dryer. We also had air conditioning, which I've read on here that some units do not have. There was a hot tub located at the back of the building that was solely for the use of the 3 rooms in our building, which was quite nice. The view of the mountains from our sidewalk was beautiful! The only complaint I had about the room was that we could hear the neighbor's TV through our bedroom wall, but that was a minor inconvenience. This resort has a couple of lakes for fishing, a golf course, an activities center where movies and games can be checked out, and full access to an on-site recreation center with a pool. You can also purchase tickets for off-site activities, as well. Several restaurants were within a few minutes drive, and there was a grocery store nearby, as well. After having read reviews on here, we were afraid we were going to get hit with a full-court sales press, but that didn't happen (although we did overhear a lady talking about that very thing happening to her, so I think we just lucked out.) Additionally, we had a maintenance issue at 7 p.m. the night before we left. We called the front desk, and I swear the man must have teleported, because it was just a matter of a couple of minutes before he was ringing the doorbell. The most irritating thing, I suppose, was the really bad roads inside the resort. We had to weave all over the place sometimes to keep from hitting the mini-canyons in the street. Overall, we absolutely loved our Pagosa experience!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank ckmclements
Reviewed 25 May 2008

My vacation to Pagosa Springs was 5-17to5/24, and I did an rci exchange with the Wyndham Resort in Pagosa Springs. Condo at resort does show some age but was more than adequate for my wife and I. It was a single bedroom with a king bed. Had full kitchen and a large jacuzzi tub with a nice little deck for sitting out. Has a washer & dryer in unit but both are very small in size. Check in was almost flawless except for a little hold up because unit had not been cleared as being cleaned in the computer, after sending maint. to check all was ok. When you go to get your parking pass there is a little bit of a sales pitch that you attend a SHORT 45 min. meeting, which I declined to attend and nothing more was said. Phone did ring in condo a couple of times when we were there, but we no not to answer phone unless you want to go through a sales pitch. If that"s your thing have at it. This area is full of outdoor activity such as hiking,biking,fishing,mountain climbing,all in very rugged terrain and at high altitude. 7000 ft. and above. There was still a lot of snow above 8000 ft. But the senery is beautiful. Oh I forgot to mention rafting and 4x4 trail rides.and a hot air ballon ride. All cost are around 100 per person more or less. Would do this resort again because I love the rugged country.

3  Thank AWHEMH
Reviewed 16 April 2008

Springs Break trip, two families, 4 kids, wonderful time. Stayed in a two bedroom lockofff and there was enough room for the eight of us.

I have stayed here about 6 times in the last 12 years, I am not an owner, and have stayed in every condo availiable. Everytime has been different and worth the stay.

Skiing at Wolf Creek is a great family experience, 2nd spring break for us. Not crowded and family oriented.

I have stayed here in summer and in the winter, would recomend either or both.

2  Thank Coloradomurf
Reviewed 23 March 2008

My husband and I made arrangements to stay at the Wyndham Pagosa Springs for our Spring Break ski trip. We were traveling with 5 college students so the Eagle Loft set-up seemed perfect for us and it was. The unit is set up with the ground floor used for ski storage and a jacuzzi tub, the second floor had 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, kitchen , living room, washer and dryer and the third floor a loft with 2 queen size beds.. The units were older but I thought well maintained. I appreciated the fact that management provided you with trash bags, laundry detergent and other basics. All in all we had a great stay and would recommend to others. Since the Wyndham is a timeshare they do try the hard sell upon check in and throughout your stay.. My 22 year old son who is in college and unemployed checked in first and even though he told them he was unemployed they still tried to pressure him into attending the timeshare presentation. He eventually gave into their demands and told them that he would attend the meeting the next day just so he was allowed to leave. Since vacation time is so precious, I would suggest that they ask once and then leave you alone. They called our unit on a couple of occasions and even came to our door one day but luckily we were out and they just left a note.
We did rent some skis from the Alpen Haus which is in the Wyndham complex but next time I would rent from a shop in town. The Alpen Haus advertised tthat they had the best rates so when I saw the discounted rate for 3 days I assumed the additional days would be discounted also, but I was wrong. The extra days were charged at the daily rate (3 days=$33 , additional days $13.00 per day). I brought this up to the owner and she apologized but did not change the rate. Getting the rentals in town would have been just as convenient and it looked to me as if they had better equipment

3  Thank TXNY
Reviewed 23 March 2008

We stayed in the Ptarmigan units (room 1713B). We booked through hotwire for four people for a long weekend. I'm glad two of them cancelled. The one bedroom condo unit is quite small. There would not be enough room for four, perhaps three people might be okay. The room was a one bedroom with a very small kitchen and couch area. The furnishings were what you would expect from a clean, but cheap hotel: bad hotel art, bad hotel couches, but new or kept up. Given the price we paid, I would have expected something slightly nicer.

The staff was courteous, but forgetful and unskilled. They forgot our parking pass so we had to get it the next morning, or this could have been a ruse to give us the time share sales pitch. Not sure. They offered us $75 if we were to skip skiing for the day and come to their time share sales pitch at 1:30pm. They also said they would give us 'discounted tickets' for skiing, but lied about the real price of the tickets (they said they were $50/day when they were really $48 at the mountain.)

The big annoyance was I verified that this place had a hottub as I ski hard and love to soak my legs afterward. Before we went to use it, I called the front desk to verify the hottub, its location and towels. When we got there, apparently, it's not associated with Wyndham and we were asked to pay!!! They refused to call the front desk saying they are not associated with Wyndham. Turns out that we were supposed to go to the front desk and ask for a voucher. Of course, no one mentioned this when I called the front desk about the hottub twice. I would stay at this location again for $75/night, not $135!! It's not worth the price.

Oh it's also rather far from the Wolf Creek resort.

Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank MEDenver
Reviewed 18 March 2008

Sat to Sat check in at the Eagle's Loft units, March 8-15. I am told they are oldest of the Wyndham (formerly Fairfield) Pagosa Springs units. Unit is large, 2bd/2bath with a loft. Our unit was facing the frozen lake. Sunny days all week so great spring skiing. 4-Queen beds sleep 8 as per the rules. Tri-level, lots of stairs, bottom or base had a very large Jacuzzi-type tub but only four weak jets. They have been updated outside but insides are showing age and in need of updating. Furniture was aged. Fixtures are low level "builder grade", tubs, shower need updating/renewing. Carpet was fine but needed a steam clean. Vinyl flooring was worn with age, needs tile or laminate, sub-flooring soft and "squeaking" and may have water damage or rot. Needs substantial remodel, sort of the “budget hotel” feel compared to say a Marriott Timber Lodge unit, at Lake Tahoe or a Hyatt Hill Country vacation club unit.

Frankly we were not there to stay in the unit but to ski. 28 or so miles from Wolf Creek ski area and 76 miles from Durango (Purgatory) Mountain resort. Both had great snow and NO crowds week 10. Wolf Creek has no day-care so if your child is under 3 you cannot enroll into ski school and must find a private care giver in Pagosa Springs area. Purgatory day-care is great right at the base lodge.

Need quality ski/board rental/repair, Alpen Haus Ski Center at the Wyndham Pro Shop. High quality brands and good prices.

3  Thank TallTex_Austin