“Comfort, convenience, & amenities enhanced our vacation.”
Review of Wyndham Pagosa

Wyndham Pagosa
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 August 2010

The suite we occupied was comfortable & well-equipped, but we did not have a place with a balcony/patio, and would request one next time. The location is too beautiful not to have such access! The roads are somewhat of an obstacle course due to potholes, badly needing maintenance. Maintenance people responded quickly when we needed help in our unit. The agreements with providers of recreation are a nice benefit. A great place overall!

1  Thank k_rainbow1

Reviewed 1 August 2010

My family and I are Wyndham owners and have stayed at several Wyndham Resorts and this by far is the worst one we have stayed at. The rooms are dated, some (not all) of the staff was rude, and you need a little yellow pass to get into the pool and use the amenities (which is not owned by Wyndham). The resort is nestled in between several other resorts so they all share this facility. The staff at the pool facility made us feel uncomfortable when we first walked in (almost as if kids weren't welcome) so we just walked back out.
All of the other Wyndham Resorts we have stayed at have been so nice I couldn't believe Wyndham would put their name on this resort.
If you are a member of Wyndham I recommend driving the extra hour to Durango. The resort is much nicer and there is so much more to o there.

Reviewed 29 July 2010

We were looking for wheelchair access at a reasonable cost. We rented a two bedroom condo, which turned out to be two adjoining one bedroom condos. It was great for us, we had two washers for laundry, two bathrooms, etc. Both kitchens and bathrooms had decent wheelchair accessibility. My teens loved sleeping on the Murphy beds. Check in and check-out took a great deal of time due to long lines and not enough staff. The roads throughout the resort have many potholes, so beware.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank ColoWheeler
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Check in was terrible. We had traveled 10 hours it was after check in time and they said our room may not be ready and we may have to wait longer. The room was ready and proceeded to tell me where it was. It was not what I had requested. I then told them of my request (which they had no record of ). They said I would have to wait until everyone checked in to see if they could fill my request. The receptionist was so slow by the time she was finished with me the other person that would try to fined me another location was finished so I stepped in her line. She then looked for me a new location and said I may have to wait for housekeeping again. It had been over 30 minuets. She assigned us a room. When we arrived at our room it was VERY outdated. It was not clean. The deck was filthy with bird poop. The deck chairs had not been cleaned in who knows how long.
The carpets were filthy. The kitchen cabinets would not close. It was overall terrible. I told this to the front desk and they said that they would have cleaned better if they would have known there was a problem. They should know if the units are clean I assumed.
I could go on but if you stay here make sure you check your unit before you accept it. I am not used to staying in a GHETTO !!
I could go on but overall we left early because the room was so terrible.
The only thing we enjoyed was the view.
We were pestered every day to come and get out discount package (in other words they were trying to sell us into WYNDHAM ). The person was so rude my husband finally had to hang up on her.
We feel because I complained we were put in the worst room possible. shame on you WYNDHAM. I will NEVER stay at a WYNDHAM resort again...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vicki047
Reviewed 25 July 2010

This is a timeshare property.... the setting is very pretty and quiet. We stayed in a 2 bedroom/loft unit and loved the privacy. The accommodations are very modest and clean inside. Outside, everything could use a good scrubbing and there is a tremendous influx of geese that poop everywhere ALL the time. Upon check-in it was our understanding we would have maid service mid-week since we were there 7 days. When the day came I left a note asking housekeeping for extra shampoo -- they simply left me an answer saying "no extra shampoo". They also only gave us clean towels.... no other housekeeping services. If you want your privacy and not much more to do other than fishing and hiking and housekeeping isn't important to you..... pick this place.

2  Thank Redbird70
Reviewed 21 July 2010

We stayed in the Village Pointe area on the lake. It was beautiful. The room was a little older than the other units, but we did not mind. As was the funrishings. It was very clean, fully stocked and VERY spacious. Although the rooms were clean, there was a distinct odor that was making us very sick at night. We think it might have been mold of some sort. That is to expected in an older condo. We really did not mind since everything else was so great.
The staff was wonderful. When I contacted the front desk with questions, they were very nice and accommodating. The activities center, not so much. I hope NO ONE has to deal with Linda. She was very rude! Watch out if you have to ask her any questions, she does not like answering them. The center (which has all the mini golf stuff and tennis gear) closes 4 nights out of the week by 4:00. We thought that was crazy! Most people go do mini golf and such after dinner. We were disappointed by that. But it really was not a biggie to us.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank texas_smille
Reviewed 12 July 2010

I stayed at the Wyndham Pagosa during the first week of July 2010. Since I was staying in central Colorado on a work assignment, it was a long drive to Pagosa Springs. I don’t think you can avoid a long drive to this area since the nearest major airport is Albuquerque, New Mexico which is over 200 miles away (Denver is over 300 miles away with Colorado Springs being a closer option). After the long drive, locating the resort is no problem since the front office is located along the main road. The resort property is massive with over 400 units! For my stay, I had a two bedroom unit that sleeps 6 people in the Eagle Ridge section. The unit had three levels: on the upper level is the living room, dinning area and full kitchen; on the middle level was a bedroom with two twin beds and a bathroom; on the lower level was the “master” bedroom with a king bed and a bathroom equipped with a jet tub. The unit was nice however it was dated. It appears the unit has not received much updating since the 1990s. While the unit was clean and comfortable, it still felt worn and tired. The jet tub off the master bedroom was a bit of an issue: it took over 30 minutes for the water level to reach a decent level however by that time there was little hot water remaining. The beds were clean and comfortable but not top of the line. The kitchen was fully equipped with everything you need in a kitchen: dishes, glassware, utensils, full size fridge (with ice maker) and stove, cookware. A colleague of mine had accommodations in a one bedroom unit in the Peregrine section. His unit appeared to be more updated and also featured a Jacuzzi tub which is share amongst the units in his section. His single level unit had a main bedroom with a murphy bed in the living room area, sleeping 4 people in total. Central to the resort is the Recreational Center which features a large indoor pool, two jacuzzis, weight/exercise area, basketball and racquet ball courts, and a games arcade. Guest at the resort must present a guest card at the rec desk in order to utilize the facilities. This card is obtained during check-in. In my opinion, the weight/exercise areas are not very welcoming since they are out in front of the desk with plenty of traffic is passing by therefore offering little privacy. If you’re looking for a golf resort then look no further. Golf is offered onsite with the course running through the property. There are a few local restaurants nearby and the downtown area is only a few miles away. In the winter, the resort offers shuttles to Wolf Run ski area. If this resort was located in the central mountains (ie. Vail, Breckenridge) it would be a great vacation destination. In review, I would recommend the Wyndham Pagosa since it appears to be the best option in the Pagosa Spring area however I would stress the fact that this resort is located in a distant part of Colorado and may not be an acceptable destination for everyone.

• Stayed: July 2010