“Glad we stopped in” 4 of 5 bubbles

Boulder Coffee Cafe
Price range: US$1 - US$8
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are located in the Aspen Village by Sears off the 160 HWY. We open every day at 6:30 am. And close at 4:00 in winter. Hours extended in summer. See you there :-)
Dallas, Texas
“Glad we stopped in”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Lunch time in Pagosa Springs, just passing through, and no idea where to get something "not to heavy". My wife and I were really glad we stopped. The staff was super-friendly. You could tell the locals really liked hanging out here. The food was well prepared, tasty, and served in a prompt but relaxed manner. My favorite was the excellent selection of coffee served in a WARM mug.. Nice touch.

2 Thank Jefe57

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Mixed Bag of Service/Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

After a couple of visits to Boulder Coffee Cafe on trips to or through Pagosa Springs, I think it's safe to say this town with limited coffee shop options provides a mixed bag of satisfaction at Boulder Coffee Cafe.

How it goes depends greatly on who serves you — and they've got some great staff with great attitudes, and some absolutely awful staff as well. If you're ordering coffee and pastries it may go well with you. If you order up a cooked breakfast — it's a crap shoot. On our second visit recently we got the great staffer at the counter and cash register who took our order, who then handed off the order for the two-egg breakfast to the surly-as-can-be cook. Said cook took a VERY, VERY long time to prepare a simple order in an uncrowded cafe on an un-stressed Sunday morning. I order the two-eggs, asked for scrambled, with sausage and subbing the delicious coffee cake for toast.

When the cook finally meandered over to the table with my long-awaited breakfast, I looked down to see ONE (not two) egg, sadly fried to within an inch of its life, broken yoke and all. The cook made a snide comment about my "sweet tooth" with some apparent disdain for my substituting the fresh-baked coffee cake for toast. What's her issue, one has to wonder, and where were my two eggs, scrambled?

The only thing that kept us from sending the breakfast back to be re-done was time—we needed to hit the road, and had already waited far too long for this breakfast. (20 minutes at least.) So I ate the teeny, tiny excuse for an egg and left hungry — after really wanting eggs for breakfast. I also emailed the cafe my complaint before writing this review, hoping for an apology or some kind of response — and got none. Hence the review goes up.

We had had this same surly, bad service from this same female cook on our last visit — AND had had her as our waitress the night before at the Asian restaurant downtown. Clearly she's overworked. She might need a new schedule or to rethink her work choices. But that's not our concern as customers — how on earth can an order from their advertised menu — TWO EGGS, and a request to have them scrambled — arrive with one sadly fried tiny egg?

We probably won't be back, unless we hear there's a new cook. But kudos to the young lady at the cash register who had the best customer service every! What a contrast!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Marielle O
Boulder C, Manager at Boulder Coffee Cafe, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
First of all, it is always a pleasure to serve our guests and we look forward to each and every one as they travel through Pagosa Springs. It is unfortunate that you were unhappy with some of our staff but ~ I assure you, we have been blessed with an "awesome team" who ~ together ~ work hard to please our guests. To have a team that loves to serve ~ even under trying circumstances ~ is a gift!
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“Freindly Staff, Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is one of a number of Coffee Shops in Pagosa and is on the higher end of the price scale. Having said that the food is excellent and the soups home made and flavorful and well worth visiting for those alone. The menu is varied and has lots of choice especially when it comes to sandwiches. The staff are cordial and always polite and welcoming and not short of a goodbye when you leave either. All in all a friendly and inviting coffee shop. I would make a special effort to note that the staff are very warm and friendly and make you feel at home. Attentive and polite. What more could you ask for?

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tekcruzer
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“hidden gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

i was in pagosa 2 years and never stopped , then one day , magic , fantastic homemade goodies , great smiley staff, and great goodies for great value.....highly recommend...

• Visited April 2014
Parker, Colorado
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stopped in for coffee and picked up a corn muffin fresh out of the oven delicious! I bought a chocolate chip cookie for later and it was equally yummy. I would definitely stop there again