“Not the sleigh ride/dinner we were planning on”
Review of Astraddle A Saddle

Astraddle A Saddle
Reviewed 12 February 2014

These folks make a fine effort. But in comparison to other sleigh/ride dinners we have been on, most notably last year at Steamboat Springs, this is a far cry. For $50 per head, we got a 10-minute ride in a wheeled trailer (not enough snow for a sleigh), an average dinner of tilapia for my wife and prime rib for me, and then another 10 minute ride back to the car. In comparison, in Steamboat springs we got a 30 minute sleigh ride, a wonderful dinner, and a 30-40 minute music show that was wonderful.

Granted, they are doing wonderful things with their effort for the dinner. The dinner cabin has no running water or electricity, and the toilet is a porta-potty.

But without any entertainment, it's a bit disappointing.

Just make sure you know what you're buying,

All reviews
"trail"
in 12 reviews
"snow"

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We took a 2 hr. trail ride with Gary (the owner) up and around the mountainside. Bring bottled water you will have a saddlebag on one of the horses. 2 hours was about 30min. too long in my opinion, my buttocks agreed with that opinion the next day! So, I recommend an hour ride. No experience is necessary. We will absolutely be back!

2  Thank L M
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Words won't do Mr. & Mrs. Bramwell's ranch justice. Spend a beautiful day exploring the rocky mountains with an excellent guide on horseback. You can choose a one or two hour tour. We did the one hour and I sure wish we had done the two. Spectacular views and inevitable laughs as you spend a great afternoon with your family.

After your ride, stick around for the fantastic mountain top campfire-side barbecue prepared specially for The Bramwell's visitors. While we enjoyed our food and the sun began to set, a lovely musician played and sang to her acoustic guitar. Astraddle a Saddle was our FAVORITE day during our Pagosa Springs visit!

When I came on to review Astraddle-A-Saddle, I was surprised to see negative feedback. I can only imagine these bad reviews are from people expecting something more commercial. I'm a city girl (Chicago) and the experience the Bramwell's offer was not only exceptional, but filled with great hospitality and fun. If you're looking for quality time with the family and a chance to make fond memories, you've got to try this place.

2  Thank Laura621
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The 1 hour horseback ride was on a trail cut right into the mountains. Each of member of our party was fitted with a beautiful horse and our guide, Gary, was very friendly and funny. The view was spectacular and would definitely recommend the ride to anyone.

We also participated in the horse-drawn wagon and bonfire/BBQ. The food was good and the entertainment is fun and family friendly. Horseshoes and volleyball also available at campfire. Favorite excursion I had during my week vacation to Pagosa Springs.

2  Thank Adeport
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I have been with two trail ride outfitters in Pagosa Springs and Astraddle A Saddle is the best. The trail ride is pure Colorado- forests and meadows surrounded by majestic mountains. The horses are very calm and the guides safe and knowledgeable. My 8 year old and I have gone with them for the last two years and we love it. We also did the chuck wagon dinner and it's a fun experience- we weren't interested in the sing a long but the kids played volley ball and made new friends while we enjoyed the BBQ.

2  Thank ccbreck