This little gem of a lodge was great for our quick getaway during the week. We left a little late and expected to arrive in town later than the 3pm check-in. The lady who answered was sweet and understanding and confirmed we were still booked for the evening. We arrived later that evening excited to unpack. I went inside and was greeted by the two nicest ladies. One of them was helpful by giving me a map of the local trails while the other one wrapped up my transaction.
The room was modest size, but the cleanliness of our room was amazing. I enjoyed all of the local literature about the amentities, restaurants, and activities around the area. The bathroom area was stocked with necessities and there was plenty of storage space. We watched some shows on their television which included basic extended cable. The hot tubs in the back are also very nice with easy to read dials and settings.
The location of the lodge is next to a major road, so if you are a light sleeper you may want to pay a little more and rent out the cabins located further back on the property. It's a quick jaunt both to town and also to the major trails that lead to the waterfalls around Pagosa Springs. The complimentary breakfast could use a little more variety in the food selection. It mainly consisted of sugary sweets, cereals, and waffles. I think some protein-related foods would be beneficial especially for hikers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- High Country Lodge consists of 22 lodge rooms & 10 cabins with wood burning stoves & fireplaces on 15 wooded acres, a wildlife viewing pond and a snow tubing park in the winter. Your stay at the High Country Lodge includes: a hot breakfast, 3 hot tubs and a sauna, a playground area, BBQ grills, horseshoe pits, free WiFi , cable TV w/HBO and in room DVD player. We are located 2.5 miles east of Pagosa Springs on Hwy 160. We are the closest lodge to Wolf Creek Ski Area. We look forward to having you as our guests! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your High Country Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- High Country Lodge Motel And Cabins
- High Country Lodge Motel & Cabins Hotel Pagosa Springs
- High Country Lodge Pagosa Springs, Colorado