The owner and her staff are very welcoming and friendly. We stayed in one of the individual cabins which was decorated very nicely and offered a small kitchen and front porch. If you are spending a few days and plan to spend some time on the property, a cabin is a good choice. We also looked at the motel rooms; they have been recently remodelled and would be just fine if you were on the go alot and not spending much time in your room anyway. The Lodge offers a hot breakfast, but it doesn't start until 7 am. Since we were in Pagosa for a hot air balloon festival, we were gone before breakfast even began. We hoped that the lodge might adjust their breakfast schedule to accomodate the guests and balloonists staying with them; however, they did offer instead breakfast to go. This was a nice alternative, and they packed up muffins or bagels, hard-boiled eggs, and juice that we could have the next morning. We walked the hiking trail that is on the property; I would caution that it is very steep and narrow and to me, it was very scary in spots. If you are not a seasoned hiker or are a little squeamish about heights, I would definitely not recommend it. I would not hesitate to stay again at this lodge while visiting Pagosa. It is just outside town a few miles, so close enough to drive into town for anything. Nice view of the mountains from the lodge, and you feel like you are out in the country.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- High Country Lodge consists of 22 lodge rooms & 10 cabins with wood burning stoves & fireplaces on 15 wooded acres, a wildlife viewing pond and a snow tubing park in the winter. Your stay at the High Country Lodge includes: a full hot breakfast, 3 hot tubs and a sauna, a playground area, BBQ grills, horseshoe pits, free WiFi , cable TV w/HBO and in room DVD player. We are located 2.5 miles east of Pagosa Springs on Hwy 160. We are the closest lodge to Wolf Creek Ski Area. We look forward to having you as our guests! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your High Country Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- High Country Lodge Motel & Cabins Hotel Pagosa Springs
- High Country Lodge Motel And Cabins
- High Country Lodge Pagosa Springs, Colorado