My husband and I stayed there this past weekend. We were very late arriving and the receptionist called to inquire about our arrival. When we told her where we were and that we had not yet eaten, she provided recommendations for restaurants in town.
The lodge is just on the outskirts of Pagosa Springs and is well signed. Even though the weather was cool, the hot tubs -- outside -- were read. Looking at the starry sky while soaking was just what we needed after a long day on Durango/Silverton train.
They have a large selection of movies and games for use by guests. The breakfast room was tastefully decorated in lodge motif and felt more like home than a hotel, although the breakfast offerings standard fare.
In all, we a quiet, relaxing stay at this moderately priced and appreciated the personal attention.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- High Country Lodge consists of 22 lodge rooms & 10 cabins with wood burning stoves & fireplaces on 15 wooded acres, a wildlife viewing pond and a snow tubing park in the winter. Your stay at the High Country Lodge includes: a hot breakfast, 3 hot tubs and a sauna, a playground area, BBQ grills, horseshoe pits, free WiFi , cable TV w/HBO and in room DVD player. We are located 2.5 miles east of Pagosa Springs on Hwy 160. We are the closest lodge to Wolf Creek Ski Area. We look forward to having you as our guests! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your High Country Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- High Country Lodge Motel And Cabins
- High Country Lodge Motel & Cabins Hotel Pagosa Springs
- High Country Lodge Pagosa Springs, Colorado