“Great value for the price and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Alpine Inn

Alpine Inn
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
San Francisco Bay Area
“Great value for the price and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

You will find a nice family run motel at the Alpine Inn. Very clean room, nice amenities, free breakfast The only really bad thing was the bed was incredibly soft, crazy so, not just soft but really really soft. The location was convenient, however a little hard to find.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

Certainly the rates were the best in town and that is the reason we stayed there. It is an older hotel . The bathroom fan was quite noisy and the rooms are small for two beds. However, it was clean, and met our needs at the best rate we found and also included a frig. They are pet friendly and charge reasonably for pets. The room itself I would rate a 3 but gave an overall of 4 due to the frig and the good pet policy.

Room Tip: If you do not have pets, I would recommend requesting a second floor room as those have small balcon...
Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Federal Way
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

After being in the travel industry for over 25 years I've seen my share of hotels and I always take reviews with a grain of salt knowing that they may or may not present the true picture. However, I must say that I was very pleasantly surprised after my recent 4 night stay at the Alpine Inn (which I chose after reading some of these reviews). I needed a clean and comfortable place to stay on a budget while visiting my granddaughter in Pagosa Springs. The Alpine Inn was a perfect fit! The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept on (including 5 star hotels in the $300+ night range). The linens aren't like the 5 Star hotels, but they are clean and comfortable. Room was small but nice with a frig and microwave. The daily breakfast was quite ample with fruit (apples, oranges, bananas), selection of hot and cold cereals, granola type bars, juice, coffee, yogurt, bread, bagels and pastries. This is a family run business and I always love supporting family run businesses-especially when they are run well. I expect to be staying here again on future visits.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank kramervision
LightHouse Cove Ontario Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

We intended to stay for 2 days...stayed for 4. Reasonably rates, wonderful owners, John & Sophie made us feel at home in their cosy, clean and comfortable hotel. We will definitely be going back.
Bill & Diane Stewart

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Maxine M
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

I think it was the cheapest place in town and now having stayed, I wouldn't bother looking anywhere else. The owners were nice as can be. Very helpful with anything I asked. Room was all you could ask for, had a balcony(great for my smoker wife). Plenty of heat, nice bed. It was a slightly older hotel but I couldn't care less. Breakfast was everything would expect for a solid continental breakfast with great coffee. The owner even offered to sew up a pair of pants for me when I asked for a piece of tape to hold them together(my ski pants). I'd send any of my friends there

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dmphoto84
iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

We stayed one Sat night in early January (day the Broncos disintegrated). We had the "honeymoon suite" on the second floor. It had a fireplace and in room jacuzzi. The room was clean, but showing some modest signs of age. But it was only 69.00! I didn't think it was possibly to get a room in a good place for that price. We had a comfortable soak in the jacuzzi and good sleep. There is a small continental buffet in the a.m.
We bought discounted tickets to the hot springs at the hotel. As it turned out, my wife left several books in the room and the owner drove them to the hot springs, looked for us and returned them. He deserves our business!

Room Tip: 2nd story to avoid early am skiers clanking around
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Peter S
Corrales, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

We've stayed at several properties in Pagosa and in spite of some of the reviews, we decided to give the Alpine a try. If you're looked for a $200 a night property, this isn't it. We stayed in a regular room with a king bed, small fridge and micro and it was very clean and well kept. Does it show it's age? Yes. But, if you just need a place to stay overnight and are skiing or out a lot during the day, the Alpine is just fine. The hosts were very cordial and the continental breakfast worth it as part of the price.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple