“Very good value and friendly owners”
Review of Alpine Inn

Alpine Inn
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
sydney
“Very good value and friendly owners”
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night with kids. $73 including basic breakfast was great value. Very clean and located between the hot springs and pagosa brewery and grill. Owners very friendly and welcoming and kept breakfast open late for us after a sleep in. Highly recommend this place for the price.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 6 June 2013

The room was was small, but clean;The bathroom smaller. We slept pretty well and it was quiet. The hotel is off the highway and located on the same intersection as a grocery store. The hotel is halfway between "uptown (fast food etc) and downtown (the springs and smaller shops).
The rate was really good, even over holiday weekend. The breakfast nook was tiny, but there was a small continental breakfast and coffee. The owners were attentive and friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 5 May 2013

You will find a nice family run motel at the Alpine Inn. Very clean room, nice amenities, free breakfast The only really bad thing was the bed was incredibly soft, crazy so, not just soft but really really soft. The location was convenient, however a little hard to find.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Certainly the rates were the best in town and that is the reason we stayed there. It is an older hotel . The bathroom fan was quite noisy and the rooms are small for two beds. However, it was clean, and met our needs at the best rate we found and also included a frig. They are pet friendly and charge reasonably for pets. The room itself I would rate a 3 but gave an overall of 4 due to the frig and the good pet policy.

Room Tip: If you do not have pets, I would recommend requesting a second floor room as those have small balcon...
Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Federal Way
Reviewed 11 March 2013

After being in the travel industry for over 25 years I've seen my share of hotels and I always take reviews with a grain of salt knowing that they may or may not present the true picture. However, I must say that I was very pleasantly surprised after my recent 4 night stay at the Alpine Inn (which I chose after reading some of these reviews). I needed a clean and comfortable place to stay on a budget while visiting my granddaughter in Pagosa Springs. The Alpine Inn was a perfect fit! The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept on (including 5 star hotels in the $300+ night range). The linens aren't like the 5 Star hotels, but they are clean and comfortable. Room was small but nice with a frig and microwave. The daily breakfast was quite ample with fruit (apples, oranges, bananas), selection of hot and cold cereals, granola type bars, juice, coffee, yogurt, bread, bagels and pastries. This is a family run business and I always love supporting family run businesses-especially when they are run well. I expect to be staying here again on future visits.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank kramervision
LightHouse Cove Ontario Canada
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We intended to stay for 2 days...stayed for 4. Reasonably rates, wonderful owners, John & Sophie made us feel at home in their cosy, clean and comfortable hotel. We will definitely be going back.
Bill & Diane Stewart

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Maxine M
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I think it was the cheapest place in town and now having stayed, I wouldn't bother looking anywhere else. The owners were nice as can be. Very helpful with anything I asked. Room was all you could ask for, had a balcony(great for my smoker wife). Plenty of heat, nice bed. It was a slightly older hotel but I couldn't care less. Breakfast was everything would expect for a solid continental breakfast with great coffee. The owner even offered to sew up a pair of pants for me when I asked for a piece of tape to hold them together(my ski pants). I'd send any of my friends there

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple