“Wonderful guides, wonderful horses”

Crazy Horse Outfitters and Guides - Day Tours
Ranked #8 of 15 Tours in Pagosa Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer exclusive picturesque two, four, all-day trail rides, summer trips and hunting trips in some of the last remaining wild places in the San Juan Mountains of Colorado. We are know for our kid friendly horses and have been in operation for three generations. We treasure the indigenous wildlife and breathtaking scenery in the unsurpassed beauty of the Weminuche Wilderness.
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Crazy Horse is crazy about their horses - which means they have the nicest, best cared-for, enjoyable horses you will encounter at an Outfitter. My personal favorite is Rebel, but they are all wonderful. Highly recommend riding with Crazy Horse.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

My friend and I have hunted with Crazy Horse Outfitters and Guides twice now. Both years we have had success on Elk. Both years we opted for the unguided drop camp. On both occasions we have found a fantastic camp set up for us in the Weminuche wilderness area. Brand new ,dry tent set up on high ground,sturdy cots with foam padding,latrine already dug,two burner propane stove with fuel,lanterns and all the utensils,plates,cups pots and pans to cook and eat our packed in food.
Crazy Horse and his guides are knowledgeable of the area,the game and his stock.The ride in was scenic and very enjoyable.I felt very comfortable and safe on his horses.
Willie is always ready to go the extra mile making sure you are satisfied! Looking forward to the summer rides this year!

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Our family has known the staff and owners of this establishment for years. A very well-respected family with nothing but their client's needs in mind. Always willing to do whatever it takes or to go that extra mile. You will not be bored on your trip or visit and if you are or are disappointed, maybe this trip just isn't for you. As in reading an earlier review, I have to say I highly disagree with this past client. Crazy Horse Outfitters & Guides goes well beyond their means to deliver service with a smile. Being in the outfitting business ourselves, I can honestly say there's nothing better than the great service you will receive from Crazy Horse Outfitters & Guides. If you're looking to spend some good, quality, family time, this is definitely the place you need to be visiting on your vacation to Pagosa Springs, CO. I would give this a rating of 110 % +. Our visits with this Outfitter have never been discouraging in any way shape or form. I would definitely make this a TOP PRIORITY of places to see and things to do when you visit our lovely town!

1  Thank huntress411
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My family and I have been on dozens of guided trips in the Rocky Mountains ranging from two to eight days. Hands down Crazy Horse Outfitters has surpassed the others weve used. Professionalism and knowledge of the area and not to mention safety is all 5 stars. Great times!!

1  Thank Darrell W
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Nice ride, good horse, not-very-talkative guide. Disappointed that they didn't offer to take a group picture since our whole group was family. Lovely views and neat lodge for one of our family members to relax in while the rest went riding for two hours.

Takes about 45 minutes to drive out to the starting point on mostly gravel roads. You'll feel like you're driving out into nowhere, but the scenery is gorgeous. Be sure to stop and view the magnificent canyon on the left as you're heading toward the campground where you meet the trail guides. Also keep your eyes peeled on the sides - we saw five elk bucks!!!!!

1  Thank FarmRescueVolunteer