“DO NOT RECOMMEND”

Sky View Motel
Denver, Colorado
“DO NOT RECOMMEND”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Do not recommend. Was planning 2 nights and asked for a non smoker room. Bedding was smelling tobacco so much that I left with a sneazy nose after one night.
Left at 11 am, they did not want to refund me any part of second night.

Lots of road noise from trucks going up and down the steep incline. No sound insulation between rooms, noizy people next room and outside, no fans in room, did not cool down until 9pm or so. Went to Pinewood Inn downtown, same price, much better location, cleaner and nicer, room did not stink and little noise.

Room Tip: go to Pinewood Inn !
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank michael s
Matty B, Owner at Sky View Motel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Well, that is certainly unfortunate that you had a bad experience at Sky View Motel. Let me just address your concerns and complaints for a moment. You say you requested a non-smoking room, then that was exactly what you received. Comforters and blankets are washed following every usage. If you simply would have notified the staff initially, that issue could have been rectified in a matter of seconds. If your neighbors were smoking, well again, easy fix.

You mention trying to get a refund. Our refund policy is 24 Hours PRIOR to Check-In at 3:00 pm. Had you let us know that the guest next to you were loud, we could have quieted them down. You must have slept quite well to not check out until 11 am. And about the fan, we have more than enough to put one in your room--like the sign says in the office "JUST ASK!" For you to see the other motel you mentioned and recommend it, why let's be fair and say what that establishment DOES NOT have, that we do!
-Flat Screen TVs
-Nightly Bonfires
-No Cash Deposit
-Picnic Area
-24 Hour Service

Might I suggest that your troubles and sleeplessness may have been caused by anxiety due to your very difficult bicycle tour the next day? While Sky View Motel is certainly not for everyone, we make no false representations by saying that we have very thick insulated walls. Our motel is very structurally aged, but the face lift it has received has guests and the community of Pagosa Springs energized. Cleanliness has never been an issue either, so due to the lack of specificity on that issue, I will pass that off as an accusation out of frustration. We pride ourselves on being a place that has a "Resort Feel, Motel Prices", and that is exactly what we have been since I took over operations and ownership. It sounds to me like you had bad neighbors. Unfortunately, that happens in the summer at motels. Folks can get a little rambunctious. Give us a try again, anytime and the room is on us. Just do establishments a favor when you review them: Take into consideration all parties involved and try not to use a review to boost the ego of it's competing business by mentioning specific names outside of the one you are reviewing. Actually, we haven't had a Michael registered at Sky View Motel since late May, so this is probably not even a real review. Thanks for reading, though folks!

Matty Boyle, Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Rock Island, Illinois
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We just returned from our anniversary trip to the see several National Parks in Colorado, New Mexico and Utah. The Sky View Motel in Pagosa Springs was a great central location and base for us. I was recommended to stay here by a friend of mine.

The rooms and grounds were very clean and tidy. You can tell that they have put a lot of thought and work into the facilities. They have a great gazebo with a perfect mountain view that we enjoyed very much and an outdoor hot tub, that we didn't have the time to take advantage of, but seemed like it would have been very relaxing.

The staff and other guests were very friendly. The owners, Matty and Lira, are very friendly and welcoming. Matty answered all my pre-trip questions. He even lead us in the right direction to get sold-out tickets for the Telluride Bluegrass festival. The staff was very open to providing recommendations on dinner locations and sightseeing. They gave us the heads up about Wolf Creek pass and the Continental Divide along 160. It is an absolutely beautiful drive. I was pleased that they were so open and willing to answer my many questions about the local area and land. They gave us recommendations on the many hot springs and natural areas to visit as well.

The price for the room was extremely reasonable. We would have had to pay more than twice as much at other locations that weren't as nice. We stayed in the kitchenette which was very clean, decorated nicely and comfortable. We would recommend it to other travelers.

The Sky View really is a special and unique motel with a motif and friendliness that is rare to find in other locations. Thank you to the staff for making our visit enjoyable. We look forward to going back soon!

Room Tip: We stayed in the kitchenette and would recommend this to others.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Marla N
Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I had heard of this place through friends, and it was on my route, so I stayed here midweek on recent travels. Loved it! They have made a lot of upgrades and it was extremely comfortable. Also the views are wonderful. They are pet friendly, which was important to me on this trip. The amenities such as keg beer in the evening and decent coffee in the morning are very welcome. The lobby has some very interesting music memorabilia that I appreciated. The bed in my room was heavenly, meant to ask them what mattress it was! The shower in my room was upgraded too, and was great! Everything very clean, and they have an outdoor jacuzzi which I didn't use, but nice that it was there. This would be a great home base if you are sight seeing or skiing in this area. It would be a great place for families or groups to congregate. There are outdoor facilities such as a gazebo too, and it's just a nice open property if you're in a group. I enjoyed this place staying as a solo traveler too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo