“Love the Cheesesteak”

The Buck Stops Here
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Best sandwiches (and meats) in town. New seating area with bar and expanded menu, even soup! Cannot go wrong stopping by. Don't wait in line at other places...eat good food here. I love the cheesesteak and my husband loves the smokehouse club.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Great place to get a sandwhich for lunch. the sandwhiches are great but also very large. Owner may hate me for saying this but consider splitting a sandwhich.
Also a very good place to buy meat and fish if you plan to cook at home.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

But we too had the club. We were sent by the owner of High Country Lodge with the suggestion to share the club. The other review says it all. Perfect sandwich.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We have been visiting Pagosa Springs for 20 years. We have been going to the Buck Stops Here for many of those years for our fresh meat needs since they have the BEST meat case in around. This year they made a move to a larger building and now have a nice eating area. We went in to order their pulled pork sandwich. When I saw the club on the menu, I changed my mind. Ordered one of each. The person checking us out stopped and looked at us. He asked if we knew the club alone weighed about 1 1/4 lb. we said no. So we decided to share the club. Wow it was awesome. We went back as we were leaving town for another club to eat on our trip. Definitely the first place I will go for a sandwich next year!
Why is it so good? It has smoked ham, smoked turkey, smoked cheddar, smoked jack and their homemade chipotle aioli with tomatoes and lettuce on a wonderful multi grain bread. Okay, my mouth is watering as I describe it!
BTW, be sure and get your fresh meats there as well! This trip we had their New York Strip, rib eye, chicken breasts and ribs. All were so good! They also have rubs for the meats and frozen meats. Also have seafood choices.
Great staff to help with decisions.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

this the one the the better BBQ places in Colorado. the owners are brothers and all meat is local. the elk is farm raised or giving by hunters.