So obviously, guests here are paying for the premium location at the hot springs right on the river, with admission to the pools included, but I have to say I expected more for over $200. Our standard room overlooking the parking lot was basic motel-style with a bathroom so tiny you could hardly turn around in it. Walls were thin, and we could hear our neighbors talking and...um, well, use your imagination. Beds were comfortable, but they were compact doubles, not queens - pretty tight for our family of three. No fridge, no microwave. Free beverages available including coffee, but no breakfast on the premises, even for purchase. We weren't traveling with a dog, but I noted that a 'pet-friendly' room cost at extra $50 cleaning fee, $100 (!) for a deluxe room. If we had stayed somewhere less expensive, a single-entry admission to the hot springs would have been a pricey $34 per person (if you wanted a towel included), so we figured it made more sense to stay on site. Pondered a massage, too, but opted not to indulge when the price for a one-hour session was $110... $95 for a 30-minute salt scrub; $150 for a 60-minute hot stone treatment! One might expect those prices at a Four Seasons or St. Regis 5-star spa (and still they'd be excessive), but they seemed over the top here. Pagosa Springs is a great family destination, but I doubt we'll be back at these prices. Ojo Caliente in northern New Mexico is a much better deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family-friendly hot springs resort in the heart of Pagosa Springs Colorado. Offering 23 individual soaking pools of varying temperatures terraced along the banks of the beautiful San Juan River. 100% naturally therapeutic mineral water. All our pools are fed by the Guinness record holder for the World's Deepest Geothermal Hot Spring. Included are a swimming pool, wading pool, waterfall and jetted tubs. The Springs has various room types for our overnight guests, options range from budget to luxury lodging. Photos of each room type from Classic and Deluxe, to our Mountain and Signature Suites are available on our website. Rooms are a great value as they include many additional perks such as 24-hour access to the hot springs, Platinum passes for 2 days (arrival and departure day until 6,) complimentary access to our 5 Relaxation Terrace (18+) soaking tubs, upgraded towels, and plush robes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your The Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Hotel Pagosa Springs
- Springs Hotel Pagosa
- Springs Pagosa
- The Springs Resort & Spa Pagosa Springs, Colorado